TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I found a thread where a guy showed his heater setup on a PI swapped bird using a s-shaped hose. I was just curious if I could get some pics of it again, I absolutely cannot find the thread. Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pimp, I've been looking like crazy for that. Too bad my engine is in the car, finding the hose is going to be a ***** because of that.
-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you mean the S-shaped hose will be hard to find, I'll post what I find out (part num, etc) if you will return the favor. I guess PMing jordansypek might be a good idea. I'll do that.

Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will I return the favor?
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not hard at all to find a hose, itll just be a ***** for me to get measurements before I go into the back att he parts store and start digging. Wait! NM, I'll just measure off the old NPI block i have laying around. WOO Although PN from Jordan would be even easier. Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
633 Posts
I made my own using the bends from the old hard line. I also put a sliced 5/8 hose around that sharp point to act as a shield. No problems so far.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean the PI metal line that runs through the valley or the NPI? I just kept the explorer PI one. What do you mean by using existing bends? Thanks man
-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sorry, been in a meeting. Yeah I meant like the part number or vehicle application for the hose. I mentioned that coz i'm in a small town, and my parts stores don't carry a large inventory and may have to order one with the desired shape.

rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm stuck in the same small town boat. When I get home(next wed or thurs) I'm going to measure up the old NPI block and go to autozone and go play dig through heater hose till I find something I can make work for us with PI engines who want heaters. I will post the hose PN as soon as I get it on the car working. Anyone know where the hell Jordan got that pimp DPFE bracket? I wish i had one. Mine just kinda hangs out on the rear drivers side of the bay, no brackets. My EVR is also just hanging out. I didnt wanna run new hose back to the egr valve from it. Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
633 Posts
if you look at the stock npi hardline, and notice where he cut it off to reuse it, i also cut up the bend below that because I didn't have a 90 degree bent hose. I had straight hose that would kink. It goes like this:
New PI hard line>heater hose>cut up old bend>hose>old pipe w/sensor.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Rob, I don't know about the bracket, but Timb is using the explorer DPFE and it's so small it just sits on top of the two hoses from the EGR tube. No mounting required. The wires are the same color, but you will have to splice in the explorer connector.

Thanks RyanG, sound like a good idea.

Green95LX, I noticed the 2 Robs too.:D

Have a good one,
Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL yeah I was like is this little thing really the DPFE? I trashed it and kept the Bird one but with new hoses for relocation.
-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I can't decide which to use. Timb has been running his for quite a while now with no reported problems and my explorer one is practically new. Yet billabong132132's pic post of his swap has his original mounted to the firewall right in the center, and that looks pretty good too.

have a good one,
Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts