TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 Explorer intake that I am going to put on my car. I want to make sure I have all of the parts that I need and what the modifications will be to make the intake work on my car. Here are the parts that I ordered from Jason:

Tube assy. F75Z8555AA
Gaskets YL3Z9439BA
Alt. Bracket F8AZ10153EA
Tube XR3Z18B402AA

Here is a picture of the back of the intake. What do I need to modify? Do I drill and tap the driver's side rear for the Heater hose? What other parts do I need?

Thanks for any help.

Russell

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i run a tee fitting at the front and run a hose to the rear of the engine. The tee fitting serves as both a sensor location and a crossover for the heater hose.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Im not a big fan of the T fitting and running a hose over to that location .. looks tacky.

I drilled out the bottom of the hole, and used a 3/8" NPT tap I believe it was, to thread in the original coolant fitting, and left the sensor in the aluminum crossover tube.

- Dan

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not a big fan of the T fitting and running a hose over to that location .. looks tacky.

I drilled out the bottom of the hole, and used a 3/8" NPT tap I believe it was, to thread in the original coolant fitting, and left the sensor in the aluminum crossover tube.

- Dan

Is that on the passenger side rear?

Russell

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Yes, in the very back corner. You just need to take your time because it is a composite material .. but it takes a while to drill out. Tapping is quick and you dont even need to go down all the way, just enough to thread in the fitting.

- Dan

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the only difference?

Russell

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Is that the only difference?

Russell
if its anything like the bird manifold, the nipple is of a tapered design and threading a standard/generic nipple will cause the opening to fracture out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts