TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read good thing about people useing the explorer motor instead of the stock one for a rebuild but besides the PI heads is there any other major benefit to useing it instead of like a mustang block. and i was planing on doing one wiht cams and head work and stuff if any one has dont that can you ball park what it costed you so i have an idea of what im getting myself into

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Alluminum block and 6 bolt main.About 90 pounds off the motor.Plus with some tuning you can get a nice and noticable upgrade.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much did you guys come across your blocks cause i havent seen that new of cars in the pick it yourslef junkyards and a reliable want like 1200 for the damn block is that right?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I got my motor complete for cheaper with only 2-3k miles on it.Just gotta know where to look.My motor is from greenleaf.But you can try the major yards.Like LKQ Action Crash,or greenleaf.Just look online.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can also try car-part.com

That's where I found mine, and I got the complete engine for a grand total of 909.50, complete from throttle body to oil pan, and it has 34 thousand miles on it. I should have it sitting in the car by the end of the weekend. (supposed to be back up into the 50's by sunday)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have one from an 04 for sale. It has less than 5000 miles on it. I will let it go for what I paid for it, $1200.

Pics

www.bc-automotive.com/front.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/tag.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/drivside.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/passide.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/back.JPG

I had it sold to a guy in ALabama, but his place got hit by a tornado last week and that engine is the last thing on his mind right now. I think the car got taken in the storm too, so I doubt he will need it.

Darrin

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
Thats a good deal, you aren't going to see them this cheap anymore in a yard.

I have one from an 04 for sale. It has less than 5000 miles on it. I will let it go for what I paid for it, $1200.

Pics

www.bc-automotive.com/front.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/tag.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/drivside.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/passide.JPG

www.bc-automotive.com/back.JPG

I had it sold to a guy in ALabama, but his place got hit by a tornado last week and that engine is the last thing on his mind right now. I think the car got taken in the storm too, so I doubt he will need it.

Darrin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish i had the 1200 laying around to get it off of you but i was outa a job for awhile cause i was in school alittle bit bit but now im working full time again so stuff will be getting done soon. im prolly just going to start with the basics like rims exhaust and a tune and then everntually build the motor and just make it a drop in deal. thanks for all the info guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.