TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a competition called Ford/AAA. It's a scholarship program. I made it to the state competition and my teams vehicle is an 03 Explorer or Mountaineer. If someone could point me to an enthusiast site (Explorere equivalent of TCCOA) it would be greatly appreciated. I need to know EVERYTHING about these things.
If it's a site with lots of tech articles like we got here that would be AWESOME!! Thanks for the help. If i can take first in the state competition I can get a $38000 full scholarship to an auto school (forgot which one but it's a certfied Ford program).
ANY help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
www.explorer4x4.com
good site, very informative, they might not have too much on the 02's and up though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just courious what shool the scholarship was for. I graduated from fords ASSET program, its a 2 year associates degree and you get quite alot of hands on schooling and experiance at a dealer. Im glad i went through the prog and i am now a transmission man, everything from the flywheel back, at a ford dealer.

Josh

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you don't do trans coolers?:tongue:

I'm not sure what all the prizes are. They guys last year got like 7th or 8th and got 3k to UTI in Glendale Heights, IL.
I don't know what they all have though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I couldn't stand working or learning in a garage like that. Dress code, tucked in shirt, all that bull****. Don't get me started about safety glasses, I'm unscrewing an interior panel, wiring something, etc, etc, ARE MY EYES REALLY IN DANGER??

·
Registered
488 Posts
no offence to anyone but from what ive seen for the most part, uti, lincon tech and places like that get you certified as a lube tech. The best way is to work with someone and get the experience, what ever field you choose it will take alittle while before the big bucks start rolling in but its worth it

Josh

·
Registered
970 Posts
Skidonenko said:
no offence to anyone but from what ive seen for the most part, uti, lincon tech and places like that get you certified as a lube tech. The best way is to work with someone and get the experience, what ever field you choose it will take alittle while before the big bucks start rolling in but its worth it

Josh
boo yeah. exactly what I have heard many many times from people in your field Josh.

-Danimal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts