TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the reasearch and saw alot of people doing the Explorer PI swap, i already have a 2003 Mustang GT engine and auto tranny with 48,000 miles....But i know where a low miles Explorer is that is wrecked, I am planning on using the new TFS Track Heat intake from summit that looks like the bullit intake....what would be my best bet....I just bought a 1995 LX with 4.6 just to do this swap....I have always wanted to do a PI swap into a T-Bird

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Really the only difference is the weight of the block. Certain Explorer intake manifolds will require some creativity on the heater hose side of things though.

Power output will be the same, you just save at least 70lbs with the aluminum block. I don't know the actual weight difference since I haven't actually wieghed both, but I don't think anyone has quoted less than 70.

Having that weight off the nose is nice, I just don't know if its enough to justify getting rid of a perfectly good GT engine if you already have it though. That will have to be up to you.

Darrin

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
the whole thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts