TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the difference was in these motors? as far as i can tell the expedition 4.6 topped out at 239 or something similar, where as the explorer had almost 300hp. is that correct? it doesnt seem right to me.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
well the 3v packs more of a punch thats whats different

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
There are NO 3V 4.6L's offered in F150's,Explorers and Expeditions-they are ALL still 2V. The Mustang is the only vehicle to get the 3V 4.6L. The Aviator has a 4V 4.6L.
JL

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Explorer gets the 3v 4.6, Expedition is only available with the 5.4 3v? F-150 and crown vics still get the 2v 4.6.

·
3,232 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The 3V 4.6 in the explorer is like what???....297hp?

Thats bhp and not at the wheels ethier.I think with the 2V PI eplorer with bolt ons and a tune you can easily pass that number in bhp.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The 3V 4.6 in the explorer is like what???....297hp?

Thats bhp and not at the wheels ethier.I think with the 2V PI eplorer with bolt ons and a tune you can easily pass that number in bhp.
292HP. So, maybe 240-250 at the tires. Then again, a 3V with a tune and some bolt ons will wax the 2V PI.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
292HP. So, maybe 240-250 at the tires. Then again, a 3V with a tune and some bolt ons will wax the 2V PI.
Show me an aftermarket for it like there is for the 2V,Finally the 2V aftermarket is starting to get bigger and not hurt the wallet so much.Everthing for the 3V is still expensive and hard to find,If you can even find it.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Show me an aftermarket for it like there is for the 2V,Finally the 2V aftermarket is starting to get bigger and not hurt the wallet so much.Everthing for the 3V is still expensive and hard to find,If you can even find it.

no ****, the engine has only been around for two years....The 3V mustangs are picking up 30-35hp with a tune and Cold Air Kit.

if you give me a few minutes ill link you a bunch of 3V stuff.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
they also have a 3v 6.8 in the newer f350s. ive seen one in a work truck that i worked on

·
3,232 Posts
I've seen stone stock 3V '05 GT's put down around 320rwhp on a Mustang dyno with only a CAI kit, headers, catted exhaust and a tune.That's less than $2000 in mods.I'm not there,and I've got 3x that much in a built engine and all of the little bolt-ons.
JL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts