TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Extreme Makeover Home Edition is filming this season's finale in Albany, NY, in the town of Colonie. They are helping a needy family by providing them with a new home. We had the opportunity to go see them in action today, and I have posted some pictures below. I was also lucky enough to be chosen as a volunteer for Monday. Won't know what I will be doing until then, but it will be nice to help regardless.

This is a link to a local news station for the latest, plus a video of the demo'ing

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=207975

Here is the bus that brings the volunteers over to the site:

Check in is over at the Colonie Golf Course Club House

This is part of the staging area for all the builders and suppliers.

This is the actual site of the existing home, which has already been demolished.

The new home will be finished by Thursday, with the family moving in on Friday.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's pretty cool. We (student club of American Society of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineers at ISU) were able to help out last fall when they did a home here in central Iowa for a family who's home was burnt down. It was very exciting to be able to help in a situation like that.

Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Me and my parents actually went there earlier to check it out, but didn't get really close to the house cause we didn't feel like waiting in that long line. It's pretty awesome though that they get a brand new house for free. So far its lookin pretty nice from what I could see from the main road.:D

·
Registered
199 Posts
My Nephew and my Mother In Law love that show and watch it together every Sunday night. I wanted to try to bring them down there this weekend to watch but I have been very ill with a fever over 100 for 3 straight days. Have any more pics?

·
Super Moderator
11,921 Posts
What they (Extememe Makeover Home Edition) do for needy families is awesome. Glad to hear that you could do your part to help. Thanks for showing the port-a-johns. They are one of the most important pieces of "equipment" on a job site. They never show those on TV for some reason?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have any more pics?

No, but I may get some tomorrow when I am over there.

With regard to the pics I posted, that was as close as you could get as a visitor.

The road is a dead end (cul-de-sac) , and they have now eliminated all pedestrian traffic, due to safety concerns with the truck traffic going in and out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts