TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to leave for basic in 2wks and the bird is going to be stored and not moving for at least 6 months, any suggestions on what to do for fluids etc etc (disconnecting the battery i alrdy know ).

Would like to have her able to start back up without to much coaxing.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I would keep the battery hooked up, but I would also get a battery tender.
Harbor freight sells em for about 5 bucks.

I would fill the gas tank all the way up....less chance for moisture to get in.
You should not need stabil in the tank, 6 months is not that long for gas to go bad.
I have used gas that has sat in cars for over 2 years, and have never had a problem.
change oil, and make sure the tires are full.

thats all i can think of, off the top of my head.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Irish spring soap in a plastic cup, baking soda in another cup for the interior.
You'll want an exterior cover even if it's indoors.
Overfill the tires, 5psi over max cold inflation (you won't be driving it enough to hurt it)
steel wool in the tailpipe(s)
Disconnect the air tube and leave the air box open. Reduces the chances of vermin and forces you to inspect it before starting the car.
Make sure NOT to set your parking brake. Pads rusted to rotors is not fun.

You should not need stabil in the tank, 6 months is not that long for gas to go bad.
Except I doubt he's using gas, everywhere I know has switched to E10 which breaks down much quicker than gas (E0). Stabil is too cheap not to use it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Except I doubt he's using gas, everywhere I know has switched to E10 which breaks down much quicker than gas (E0). Stabil is too cheap not to use it.
Is this why they just very recently put stickers on our pumps that say "gasoline contains at least 10% ethanol?"
-Rob

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
Is this why they just very recently put stickers on our pumps that say "gasoline contains at least 10% ethanol?"
-Rob
Yes.

The 8astards.

·
Registered
255 Posts
-Rob
Its been that way where I live for a long time. I havent been able to get pure gasoline in a couple years if not longer.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
LOL reminds me of the days when they took the lead out of gas. Yup, the days of pure gas are over.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I thought ethanol reduced spark knock.I have talked to a guy with a blown Cobalt and he can run more timing under boost by running e85.
-Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts