TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the passenger side door of my car, I can put in my key, but it will not turn left or right to let me unlock it. The driver's side does this too occasionally but will usually let me unlock it if i pull up and down on the handle at the same time. The passenger side lock even used to work! :-( You guys ever had this prob? Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
935 Posts
Never heard of this problem, when I saw the post I figured another sagg'n door. I would try to take it apart if I were you. Mayeb try it with the door shut, and then open, just to try to narrow it down to what it maybe. I think the best bet would be to take your panel off and just dig around. If you can't find anything I would go to a locksmith for some answers...

Sorry I can't help out more, hopefully someone will help you out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
same

ive got the SAME exact problem..cannot unlock passenger and i have to turn the key back and forth a few times before it wants to unlock...it's also done it on our f-150 once or twice...if u get a solution please post it on here so i know what to do. thanks

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Lock Cylinder Lubricant

I'd suggest trying some lock cylinder lubricant. Frozen locks haven't happened on my Thunderbird, but it's happened on an other vehicle I used to own. After using the lubricant, the locks unfroze and worked normally.

:zbeer:

--Pete

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lock cylinder lubricant?

Where do i get lock cylinder lubricant for cheap? Thanks
-Rob

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Try....

NAPA, NAPAonline, or Autozone, or a smaller auto parts shop or even the local dealership...

I bought mine last when I was in the USAF well over 11 years ago, and got it at the base auto shop.

A friend of mine in the USAF back then said a drop of motor oil works. He placed a couple drops on the door key, and worked it in, and never had a problem after that.

Good luck to you!

--Pete

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Or get a tube of graphite from an auto or hardware store. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have this same problem but its on the drivers side door lol I thought it was a problem only with my car. It sucks I just hit the f'n lock a lotta times and it goes....

TOny

·
Registered
23 Posts
fixed!

ok i tried the idea with the motor oil on the key which helped a little on driver door but passenger door was still stuck so i took wd40 with that little spray stick thing that comes with it and inserted it in the key hole and let it soak for a few hours and then worked it with my key til it unlocked and now they both work like they are BRAND NEW! thansk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts