TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for it, but didn't come up with anything definitive, so here goes:

What exterior panels exchange between 90-97 birds?

I'm in need of new bumpers/headlights and tail lights for my 90 bird, and I like the look of the later years stock stuff, as well as some of their body kits...something along the lines of this:

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1994_1997_thunderbird/exterior/body_kits/erebuni/

or this:

What would I need to swap out for this? I'm assuming hood, headlights, etc.

Also, would the rest of the body lines match up, or would this look stupid?

Any good places to find "stock" replacements?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You will need: header panel, lights (including corners), bumper cover, hood release handle and optionally the hood. If you don't get a 96/97 hood there will be a gap between it and the lights but it isn't too horrible.
There might be an issue with wiring the headlights. Don't the first gen birds use a different bulb?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
On second thought, you will probably have to get a hood. I was thinking of the swap from 94/95 stuff. I believe the 90 style hood is too different than the 96/97 hood.

·
Registered
294 Posts
How about fenders? between what years are the fenders interchangable?

Specifically: will a 1994 fender fit on a 1992 body? I can get one from the local junkyard for $40, but the only one I can find in good enough condition is off a 1994 bird.

also, are the cougar and thunderbird fenders interchangable (between the same year? different years?)?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
All MN12 fenders are the same. The only exception is the 96/97 fenders have extra holes drilled in them for the side cladding.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
8ate8 said:
And the side molding doesn't match up from 89/90 to 91-93. 89/90 they used thicker moldings.
Yes, but that molding is just stuck on with adhesive. The fenders themselves are the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts