TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, now i have no choice but to swap engines into another bird or parts from another bird onto mine. I was on my way to work yesterday and here comes a doe , looked like it would stay on the side of the road but, no it had a death wish and now my hood is crushed in like 8 inches in the center. it looks loke a giant punched it right between the eyes! from what i can tell i am going to need a new hood, rad support, headlight assembly, and repaint of hood and front bumper cover. lucky for me i have comp ins, just waiting for the adjustor to come and look at it. anyone care to try and guess at cost to repair. a coworker of mine used to be an appraiser and he guessed 1800. i was also wondering if anyone has had any experience w/ having a car totaled by ins and keeping the car. see if my friend is correct i believe that my book value is less than 1500. any input would help as i have never utilized my insurance ever, just paid the damn bill every month.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I would talk to your agent about buying the car back. I've heard the Ins. Co. is happy to get what the junkyard would pay for the car, and they save the towing fee.

I went through this just after New Years. I had State Farm Ins. There are no new hoods available. If you and friends are willing to do the work, you can get away from this and may either improve the car or have some $$$ leftover.

Dale Puumala and Melon went through this, too. They are both regulars on the boards, just search for them. Dale and Melon got fiberglass hoods to replace the damaged OEM steel hood. Dale got a Legendary Ram Air. Melon got a Cervini Mach I. That was his car on Pic of the Day 5/18/04, and that was the car that hit a deer.

I can look up what was charged for rehabbing and painting a salvaged hood for my 97. I had all the same damage as you did, plus needing spot work done on my roof.

You can get new headlight assemblies from www.headlightwarehouse.com for cheaper than the estimate price from Ford.

All the other parts can be located at www.car-part.com

PM me with your number and I can call tonight if you want.

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
I bought my car back from state farm for $250 when i totaled mine. State farm just don't care lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts