TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This 1996 XR7 has been in the family since new. Handed down eventually to my daughter and I guess I inherited it now since she went electric....ugh! About 170K miles on the car. $500

The good: White pearl paint (factory) with working sunroof and all the rest of the power stuff! Lincoln 16" alloy wheels with large brake package up front as well. Recently fixed the pesky oil adapter leak, replaced front sway bar end links, new rear rotors and pads, fronts are fairly new when I did the big brake swap. Have tried to keep oil changes and fluid changes up to date...but my daughter appears to have failed at math... IRS rear suspension, car rolls down the road smooth! Radio and climate control work fine. Recent plugs, idler pulley

Grey leather interior shows some wear. It was a girls car...rolling purse...! Sorry girls but it is many times true! Floor shift. Dash is in very good condition. Key fobs work.

I have a full set of shop manuals for the car also. EVTM and SHOP versions. Also have a small stash of bits and pieces spares, ie sunroof switch... rear rotors. Extra set of big front brake calipers and rotors.

The bad: Heater core is bad. One "grazing" doink behind LH door in quarter. Computer is showing some sort of code (P0430?) that I can't resolve. Last tech said something about wiring going to one of the O2 sensors was bad. I haven't had time to crawl under the car and look. The 4.6 runs smoothly otherwise as one would expect from a 4.6.

Pic's show car after I did wheel swap. I put the Lincoln plain caps on this car, but I had some Mercury caps from another set of wheels that I tried on just for kicks! All four caps are present and there is a proper spare in the trunk to clear the 16" big brakes.
I need to take more pics....thought I had more!

I don't really want to part this car out, so am selling whole. If you buy the car in CA, I will get a scrap/junk title because of the computer codes. I don't want to get stuck with a repair bill to make the car smog legal for you. (the state of Kalifornia does this to sellers....!)

Car is located in South San Jose area.

Contact me via email/PM for more info.
Thanks for looking!
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If I didn't have to ship this car, I'd be all over it. $500 is a steal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, this beautiful car has to go........just can't keep 'em all! It still purrs like a kitten....moved it around last nite so I could mow around it...... It's heading to the recycle yard if no takers. $450 and it's yours! Yes it will cost beans for shipping.....but where can you get a RUST FREE body with a sunroof, 4.6V8, almost every option in the book, big front brakes, alloy Lincoln wheels...... If no takers, I'll pull the radio and antenna, and the wheels, and call the wrecker to come get it.......! Makes me sad....... Make me happy! Buy this car!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Hope someone saves it from the yard! It's a slow forum here, and everyone here has an MN12. Did you try posting on the Facebook group? More activity on that site these days. If i wasn't on the other side of the country and about to move I would consider getting it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts