TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was out and about and saw a 97 bird in dark blue. always looking especailly now. Any way the bird had a front and rear spoiler as well as ground effects and painted on the ground effects "Thunderbird f/x"

well i thought it was someone making up a car. Today in a different town i saw a pearl white 97 bird with the same package and the "Thunderbird f/x" also it had written on the 1/4 pillar a "Mark Martin" signature.

I know Martin ran birds in the 90's, several google searchs under various combinations and no luck yet.

Any one have any info on these.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p/s the rear valance was not a super coupe style but was molded around the tips on both cars. I will try and get some pics of both cars if they are still on the dealer lots. the side effects panels are similar to the 96 sport models

·
Super Moderator
16,833 Posts
Dealer creations. Nothing any more special than a regular LX, Sport or SC it's based on.

The GFX are usually aftermarket (razzi the most common) and many Mark Martin cars seemed to have SC GFX and rear bumpers special ordered from the dealer installed as well.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Kinda like that 94 bird "limited edition" with the luggage rack I posted...dealers made some strange special editions, usually cougars, but birds, too.

·
Super Moderator
16,833 Posts
Yeah all the "_____ edition" Tbirds (minus the 35th) are no different from the scraps of Brougham era Bostonian(or similar) padded cloth top Cougars. We all know how well those are appreciated :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts