TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was lookin on autotrader.com at at 97' F150 it says it a 4.2L but the bore is 3.18 and the stroke is 3.74 now how in the hell are the gettin 4.2 from that now my other question could I just use the crank shaft out of the f150 with my motor bore 3.8 and a stroke of 3.74 thatd really be a 4.2 right

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
you could put the crank into your car, but you also needs the rods, pistons, 99+ stang oil pan, etc.
-Thomas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know id have to use those tings Thomas Im just saying auto trader.com has the listed as 3.18 not 3.81

·
8,978 Posts
oh gotcha. Sounds like a typo then :thumbsup: like they mixxed up 81 and 18.

I was thinking, "doesn't he already know this stuff?" :D

-Thomas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I had better know that stuff I was just saying cause im sure other people look on there for some specs sometimes.

So Thomas when you gonna install your cam and stuff? which apten chip did you get the one with the free reburn

·
8,978 Posts
I got my chip used from Spike. It's a delta chip so it'll work with a reburn. The cam won't go in until I get the chip reburned and I get a set of ported heads.
-Thomas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats cool accept how are you gonna use Spikes his ecu code must be different and they are burned specifically for that code but if you get it burnt again youll have to totally change stuff on cause I believe spike had like a 96/97 i think different tranny and all

·
8,978 Posts
no he had a 94. the delta chip can be reburnt for any year car. That's what Brian Herron said.
-Thomas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts