TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and looked at a 95 super coupe the other day that the guy wants to sell cheap. It’s at his shop, but he wasn’t there that day. They gave me a booster pack and the keys to go check it out. As soon as I hooked up the pack to the battery the alarm started going off. I couldn’t figure out how to disarm it. I believe the battery in the key fob is dead.

So how do I turn the alarm off? There is a button installed it the kick plate under the dash. My car had the same button but the alarm was already removed when I bought the car.

Also, where is the alarm module located? I assumed it would be in the trunk next to the keyless entry module, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s weird then for both cars to have the same button in the same spot. I’m pretty sure the windows have the Ford alarm sticker on them.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,787 Posts
That’s weird then for both cars to have the same button in the same spot. I’m pretty sure the windows have the Ford alarm sticker on them.
I Had a 97 Tbird that had a Ford Dealer installed alarm. The Alarm box says Ford on it. Had the blinking light and the hidden button. But wasn't from the factory itself. If you go back again, when the alarm is going off try putting the key in the drivers door and locking and unlocking the door. That's usually helpful with alarms.

Reactions: jda95bird

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
My '95 has a system. Red light in the dash but the button is just tucked up under the dash rather than mounted in the kick panel. For what its worth the fob says Viper on it. Combination of pressing the button and switching on the ignition turns off the alarm on mine.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This car has the regular Ford key fob.

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
This car has the regular Ford key fob.
Try the key on the door trick. Or try putting the ignition key in the ignition and press the hidden button. Considering that you don't know the car, you can try almost anything.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to try to make it back and take another look when the guy is there. It's cheap enough that I don't think I can pass the car up.

Reactions: supergordo

·
SuperNewbie
3,787 Posts
Worst case remove the alarm. It isn't hard to do. Literally unplug the thing and then usually reconnect two power wires under the steering column.

Reactions: jda95bird
1 - 9 of 9 Posts