TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I did a search on this and did not find much. Is there a tool I can get to remove the factory spring clamps more easily than pliers.

I have to replace my radiator and there does not look like there is much room to get a big pair of pliers in there. Any words of wizdom would be greatly appreciated.

BILL

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes there is actually something like that out there. I'm not sure where you would be able to find one though. I only know b/c when I put my OD pullies on, we had to pull the fan to pull the crank pully off and had to pull the radiator hose to get the fan out...I was just going to take a pliers to it, but my friend said we'll use these! they're not very big, but they do work a lot better than pliars. They are probably the same length as a pair of regular sized farmer pliars (don't know if you know what I mean) but about 6-8" in length. One end of the nose has kind of a pointy ball and the other is flat. To hold the spring from getting away. they work pretty nice.

wow...all that...could have just left it at "yes there is" oh well

joe

·
Registered
125 Posts
A friend of mine has a Snap-on set of pliers for the spring clamps. They are sweet, but they also cost about $125. Here is a link to Snap-on's web site to the pliers section. There is a couple pairs for under $20. Snap on Pliers

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yup those would be the exact ones that i was talking about on snap on's page.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Those Snap-on clamp pliers are awesome. I don't know how many times they have helped me out at work.
-Rob

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You can also buy them at Sears for around $20, and they are great to have if you have to deal with those clamps often.

BTW: this has nothing to do with suspension, moving to General Tech.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can get them at harbor freight also.

I replace every spring clamp I encounter with a 316 Stainless smooth band worm gear clamp. I hate spring clamps.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Autozone has em for like 12 bucks.. they're called "Spring Clamp Pliers".. (duh)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts