TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into an accident and one of my (as you know) very rare locking wire wheel covers was destroyed along with the steel rim. I want to know where I can look to find a replacement, or if anyone on here has one. I also want to know how many years these were an option and how many cars these were fitted on. I know these are rare, I just want your opinions. Im looking for one like these:

If I could get one of these I would be stoked, but I know my chances are slim to none. Hence the reason for my "WTB: Rims" thread. Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you lived closer I would donate some fanblades to ya

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you lived closer I would donate some fanblades to ya
Awesome man thanks. :tongue:

Cost of shipping perhaps? :D

Anyone else know anything else about the wheels I have?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello

Maybe if you loose those white walls?

To far for me too!

:zpuke:
Factory whitewalls haha. :tongue:

It was a grandma's car, I bought it from the daughter after the old lady (original owner) deceased...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I have never seen them on a mn-12 bird or cougar.

I have seen them on the generation just prior.

Good luck on the hunt.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never seen them on a mn-12 bird or cougar.

I have seen them on the generation just prior.

Good luck on the hunt.
Thanks man, I have only seen one other car that had them and it too was an 89 Base, a blue one for sale in Oregon on Auto Trader... :(

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I have a set of clean fan blades no major dings just a faded finish. But I think I may be too far for you as well

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
71 Posts
LOL....sorry man i was being sarcastic!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL....sorry man i was being sarcastic!
Ahaha. Cool, maybe the other guy is a little more giving, haha. :tongue: :D

Thanks anyways. Would you be willing to sell your fanblades if the other guy backs out?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Well I am willing to sell my fanblades for one
and 2 Im willing to let them go cheap cause I won't really miss them and you need a set of wheels.

I am missing a center cap btw

THey need the tires popped off, tires aren't really good but they are good enough to drive you to a shop to put new ones on. I drove them until I had another set of wheels and tires and simply swapped. So these have been sitting ever since.

or I have heard of people shipping with the tires ON but then just cover the front and back of the rim with cardboard. I remember reading this is how they get shipped together by some companies.

PM if you really want them. I am in Phoenix and these are weighty so shipping won't be cheap because of the weight but it still shouldn't be as much as a junkyard would charge here(~200 buck for 4 stock wheels!!! 100 on half off day) so its still a good deal for you.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I am willing to sell my fanblades for one
and 2 Im willing to let them go cheap cause I won't really miss them and you need a set of wheels.

I am missing a center cap btw

THey need the tires popped off, tires aren't really good but they are good enough to drive you to a shop to put new ones on. I drove them until I had another set of wheels and tires and simply swapped. So these have been sitting ever since.

or I have heard of people shipping with the tires ON but then just cover the front and back of the rim with cardboard. I remember reading this is how they get shipped together by some companies.

PM if you really want them. I am in Phoenix and these are weighty so shipping won't be cheap because of the weight but it still shouldn't be as much as a junkyard would charge here(~200 buck for 4 stock wheels!!! 100 on half off day) so its still a good deal for you.
A little too late, thanks though man. I found a wheel cover that matches mine on eBay, first one I have ever seen. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260294075593&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I just need to get a hold of the guy now...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I got into an accident and one of my (as you know) very rare locking wire wheel covers was destroyed along with the steel rim. I want to know where I can look to find a replacement, or if anyone on here has one. I also want to know how many years these were an option and how many cars these were fitted on. I know these are rare, I just want your opinions. Im looking for one like these:

If I could get one of these I would be stoked, but I know my chances are slim to none. Hence the reason for my "WTB: Rims" thread. Thanks guys. :)
I have seen those on ONE other bird that I remember...looked just like yours but it was some weird brown color...rare or not, I'd say keep your eyes out for a good set of stock wheels The guy who I traded my fanblades to for SC wheels might still have them, PM me and I'll give you his contact information

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have seen those on ONE other bird that I remember...looked just like yours but it was some weird brown color...rare or not, I'd say keep your eyes out for a good set of stock wheels The guy who I traded my fanblades to for SC wheels might still have them, PM me and I'll give you his contact information
Well, I just found one to put on my car to put it back to original condition. I will get it back on the road and then think about different rims. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts