TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks:

The paint on my B-Pillars is beginning to fade quite badly. Any ideas on how to fix this, or is re-painting the only answer. It looks to me like it's special paint. Do I need to use something particular if I need to repaint them?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's not paint, it's a sticker. You can get replacements for $40, IIRC.

Or you can just rip them off, and have stock paint showing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great news. I hate painting :)

By the way, what's IIRC?

Can I get these stickers at the dealer?

·
Registered
744 Posts
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

i would recommend just getting some black vinyl, clean surface, cover, and cut to fit. should be cheap

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have seen some pictures with the vinyl removed and in my opinion it makes the car look choppy. But I haven't seen it done on a black car, it should blend better if I am not mistaken. Any one have pictures of their black car that did this. I have a black cat and I am too cheap to go by replacements.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
That is some cool stuff. If you get new stickers what kind of prep work is recommended to pull the old ones and install new ones.

How come thee web page says they are only available for 89-96 T-Birds and not Cougars?
:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J.Miller said:
That is some cool stuff. If you get new stickers what kind of prep work is recommended to pull the old ones and install new ones.

A great question! I was wondering myself what kind of prep work is involved

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I have yet to see any kind of a sticker on the car. I've searched and searched for some kind of an "edge" but can't. A bodyman to told me that it was paint and that it was real easy to repaint it. Just haven't done it yet. Don't think the new T-bird has that problem (yet).

·
Registered
253 Posts
I didn't have a sticker on mine either, I just rubbed it down good with rubbing alcohol. The sticker went on real easy, I know there was a thread along time ago about peeling the stickers. If I remember right you just have to find the edge an remove it very carefully. Maybe someone who has removed the sticker can chime in.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking about repainting mine on my car as well.

My question is what kind of paint did u use?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts