TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the car has a faint vibration when in park or drive. It's not a constant vibration, more like every 2 seconds... anyways. I replaced the drivers side motor mount, but not the passenger side. (90k miles, BTW) I haven't checked to see if the motor rises up when in reverse... could that motor mount be whats causing the vibration??? Anyone else experience this? It's kind of like a rumble, like if your going over a couple of little bumps... it's noticeable, and it goes away when you hit the gas. Anyone????

·
Registered
724 Posts
When I replaced the mounts in my SC that the vibrations increased. Figured that had something to do with going from a worn out fluid mount to a solid one.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
anthraxbird.. i have the same problem.. but i feel it when i cruise at 65 also...

still waiting on an answer since the two fav answers are: clean MAF, and TC Shudder.. 1st been done, 2nd is a Mark 8 TC.. so that leaves what? get a MMC DS.. then what??

hehehe

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I dont think I can feel it when im on the gas =P lol I dont think my drive shaft is spinning THAT fast when im idleing and on the brake (hehehe..... ) my dad's Conversion van (E-150) does the same thing, and it's a 4.6L. It's not as apparent as my car though.... Matter of fact.. it started to happen AFTER I put in a new drivers side motor mount.. hmmm... Maybe it could be because it's a new mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts