TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen fake convertible tops on Cougars before, but Friday night I saw one on a Thunderbird. I did like a triple take and then just stared at it, kind of like a car accident. It was horrible looking, I didn't know such a thing existed and I wish I was still in that world where they didn't exist. Not sure what year it was, it was a white car and the top was blue, it was hiddeous, no offense intended if anyone on here actually has a car with the top like that, but it really isn't pretty.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I also saw one of those this weekend in NY state. It was extremely ugly, but , I think that the target audience would be someone a little older.

danman

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've pulled a bunch of stuff off an SC in a junkyard here in NH that has one of those tops. I've seen a few regular birds with them, but this was the first SC.

Mike J

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Brad,
I've seen that one floatin' around too. I saw it out in airpark a couple times on my way to work. I agree, Ok for the Cougar, not quite right on the 'Bird.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i think it looks bad on both..but looks better on a cougar than a bird

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Why do they choose the nastiest colors to do roofs in though?

If a black car absolutely has to have a caraige roof - black would be the best choice! Not some fugly brown color.

My 88 Vic (winter car) had a factory padded roof, but it was silver just like the body color - so it didn't look so bad....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Why go fake convertible when you can have a real one?

Mmm, suicide doors

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
oh man.. that is so awesome. got any more pics? proly one of the more original things ive seen in a while. i wish i had the time, money, and inginuity to do such a thing, is that a 89 - 91 sc? -greg

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
glowing escape said:
is that a 89 - 91 sc? -greg
89-91 definately, 94+ interior too

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
well the seats are gen I (big bolsters) and the dash looks 89-93 style to me.

definately a good project for a totalled car.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
GreenBird said:
the dash looks 89-93 style to me.
Look again, it's all rounded and the center console is tilted towards the driver instead of being flat. :D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tilt front end and a convertible, wow, that is ambitious, how did you reenforce the chassis?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
Tilt front end and a convertible
!!! That's so awesome!!! :D

I was checking and double checking, the rear end photo looked Thunderbird, but it took a while to take it all in!!

·
Registered
668 Posts

And to think they were gonna put that into production. Hmmmmm?:zdunno:

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
damn that sc is gonna be slick.... i love drop tops...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The above pic - photoshopped? What's with the headlights? It looks kinda cool though.

Tazer - I'm interested to know how you've strengthened the chassis as well.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
The above pic - photoshopped? What's with the headlights? It looks kinda cool though.
That's a Mustang Vert + Bird photoshop. It's a rather short but tall bird.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I didn't realized that it might be photoshopped. But hey I am no computer smarty. So I took it for what it was worth. Now that I look closer it might be. Who knows. All in all I don't really care for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts