TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
"a sometimes crude animated comedy" ; sometimes?:) I am thouroughly exicted about the prospect. I watch it religiously on adult swim and will hopefully be getting the dvd's for xmas.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yeah, I saw that last Tuesday. I'm all for it. :D

I've got all the episodes, even "When you wish upon a Weinstein".

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts

I LOVE FAMILY GUY! a friend of mine has all their seasons on DVD. He's my friend for just that reason lol.
-Thomas

·
Registered
940 Posts
WWWWWWhhhaaat......., that would be great, hopefully they plan on bringing back futurama too :D

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
:znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner:

Sweet!!!

They show Family Guy on Cartoon Network at 12:30 AM locally. Not exactly conducive to 'sleep' but ... it's worth it.

My nightly ritual was to watch Family Guy, Futurama, and FLCL ... nowadays it's Futurama, Family Guy (they switched the order for some reason) and ... zzzzzzz *drool on pillow*

Josh, thanks for posting that link! :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
That would be awsome!! Of course over here we get Futurama at 11, then Family Guy at 1130. I try and watch every night, but sometimes fall asleep while watching...

Preston

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Very interesting article, didn't think Family Guy could make THAT big of a comeback, but hey, I'm all for it!
I religously watch Futurama and Family Guy every night, 10:00-11:00, Monday-Thursday. Hope to get the DVD collection for Christmas. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cool!:D At least one FOX show will return from the dead. You'll never guess what one I'm hoping for;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
not to hijack post but speaking of fox shows, anyone watch The OC. im freaking addicted to it. i dont know but seth reminds me of me alot. just chiming in. they need more Futurama shows too.

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
I actually purchased the 1st & 2nd seasons of Family Guy on Region 2 DVD (That's Ireland and England) last August. Of course, it doesn't play in our Region 1 players. So I could only watch it on my friends DVD-ROM in his laptop.
I was looking on Ebay to purchase a "region free" DVD player, but when they came out with the Region 1 DVD's I sold the Region 2 version. I also bought the Season 3 DVD's when it came out.

My wife hates the show, so I have to watch them alone. It's so crude and fast paced with numerous tangents, obscure references and cameo appearances, that you have to watch each episode a couple of times to really catch everything.

Something like this...

Sam: "I was always taught that if you were good, you'd goto heaven. But then there was this other place where people were actually dead, but they didn't know they were dead. But they wished they were."
Chris: "UPN?"

"Once upon a Weinstein" wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been. From what I saw on the DVD special features, they actully had apporval from Rabbis to air the episode.

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
^ That kind of stuff is the obscure fast paced references I was talking about!

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is something that actually shows networks and record companies can use file sharing services to their ADVANTAGE. Family Guy is INSANELY popular on file sharing networks and Bittorrent, Fox picked up on that, and I think it's one of the reasons they're bringing it back.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
Fox picked up on that, and I think it's one of the reasons they're bringing it back.
Don't delude yourself, Fox saw the $$$$ the DVD raked in. Execs see $$$$ and that's it, it had a decent fanbase back when it was aired but the $$$$ didn't come in from sponsors.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sharing #s= fans. Fans = viewers. Viewers = $$$. It did have a decent fan base but like that articles says, ratings were pretty lousy when they pulled it off the air. DVD sales DID play a large role in the decision, I'd say, but the sharing numbers really really say something.

I actually just read an article the other day (can't cite it, sorry) that was talking about how some record company marketing R&D groups are starting to use services like Kazaa to gauge the success of current records. With the question of how accurate Nielsen ratings really are becoming a worry for networks, I'd say that they are starting to pick up on the same idea.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
From a network/music/movie execs standpoint:
"sharing"=stealing
stealing = no money

They don't make money from viewers for a tv show, they make money from selling advertisements. Now when you get the fileshared episodes how many have ads? Why would advertisers pay to have their stuff ripped out on what gets passed around for free?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Note my edited post. Point being, they're not making more to increase file sharing, and I'm sure they're still publicly against that. But it is an accurate gauge of the fan base and the overall popularity that the show retains.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts