TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....my fan is not turning on which is causing the car to start overheating (coolant pouring out of the overflow tank). I hot wired the fan to the battery and it turned on, but it just never comes on when the car is running. Engine is a DOHC, its been in there for a few years and this just started happening last week. My temp. gauge hasn't been working for quite some time either but long before this started happening. I checked the high current fuse as well and thats fine. Is there a relay for this thing somewhere? Any ideas? Thanks

- Mark

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha...I wasn't sure what the correct name for the CCRM was, I've heard it called a few different things. But I'm 99% sure thats what it is because I traced a clicking sound to that module a few months ago, but everything was still working fine. But now the clicking stopped and the fan doesn't work so thats gotta be it. I guess it finally just crapped out. I already located a new one, gotta pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the help

- Mark

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think I have the same problem, I heat up quite a bit when running my AC... and I've removed my thermostat. I've done coolant flush after coolant flush and still can't quite get it right.

I'll search the CCRM too.

-Ghost

Edit:
Did some searching -- master486 up there has been in almost every single thread regarding the ccrm, whatever the hell a ccrm is...

CCRM pinpoint tests:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=499325&postcount=3
funnyfingers

Hey I have the CCRM, but just to let you know the compressor doesn't run no matter what. Does it ned refrigerant or does the CCRM control that also?

Also where is the CCRM located?

hotbird

In front of the airbox, behind the pass. headlight. Black metal box with about 10 wires going into a single connector. Unbolt the connector, then the bracket, and swap the old one for the new.
Master486, what does the CCRM look like, and what does CCRM stand for?
Coolant Control Relay Module...? just guessing, but anyways, yeah, what exactly does it look like?

Thanks,
ghost

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I'm not Master486 but CCRM stands for Constant Control Relay Module i believe...I've heard it called a few different things. Like it says in the thread you copied, it is in front of the airbox, behind the passenger side headlight. Square box, maybe 5x5 or so. You cant miss it, theres not really much else there...it has like 10 wires coming off the connector. Kinda looks like a scaled down version of an EEC. I actually just picked the new one up about an hour ago, gotta swap it out and see if it does the trick.

- Mark

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Okay, so it IS that big thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts