TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving today and the temp gauge is buried in the red zone and I smell burning plastic. I am a block my house and pull in, the fan motor seized and burned up badddddd. Well the thing overheated and I know fo sho I need a new one. Is it possible to drive at any speed without the fan or do I have to be going 45 mph for the fan to be not needed?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
So I'm driving today and the temp gauge is buried in the red zone and I smell burning plastic. I am a block my house and pull in, the fan motor seized and burned up badddddd. Well the thing overheated and I know fo sho I need a new one. Is it possible to drive at any speed without the fan or do I have to be going 45 mph for the fan to be not needed?
I think you need the fan no matter what.I happen to have an extra fan that I know works good.Make offer.

·
Super Moderator
12,025 Posts
I wouldn't risk driving it without a fan especially this time of year - summer heat. It's going to run hot regardless of your speed if you drive it for any distance or amount of time without a fan.

You can get a new one from Jason for around $140 or just find a used one at the junk yard. There's probably somebody here that has one sitting around that would sell it to you for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
There's probably somebody here that has one sitting around that would sell it to you for a reasonable price.

Reasonable?????

HA

Make offer.

·
8,239 Posts
look on car-part, and call a few yards.

Just make sure your fan harness isn't fried as well, or you will need to do some wire replacement and connector replacement as well.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the fan was changed in 96, so y ou need a 96/97 fan. i think you need to specify whether you have A/C as well

holy crap youre in marquette haha
Not too sure about that.I had a 96 parts car here and the fan Part number was exact to the one on my 95.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts