TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sc4u2c

hi guys...well i got a flex-lite cool fan switch and now i need someone to advise me on how to hook it up..i have a 91 sc auto...thanks for any help in advance..
neil

·
Registered
244 Posts
if its anything like mine, i zip tied the sensor to the upper radiator hose. ran power from a switched input to the sensor, then to the fan. the fan had 3 wires going to it, i hooked into the blue one. i don't know if the blue one is the "best" one to use, there was an orange one also. make sure the sensor part of the sensor is mashed into the radiator hose pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info br1, i take it you did not use a relay?, i'm hooking this set up to an aux. fan that i mounted in front of the rad. I know its not good to tap into the stock fans to turn it on sooner...
neil

·
Registered
244 Posts
i didn't use a relay because i didn't see the need to. i have not had a problem yet. also, if you put an aux fan in front of your radiator, which way do you have it blowing? i see no problem tapping into the existing wiring. if the thermal switch fails, then the original wiring is still present to kick the fan on when the computer tells it to. good luck with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm using a pusher 12''....i had a cool fan switch to the stock fan but when i turn the ac on it fries the relay...so now i'm using the same setup minus the relay and the stock fan but to the pusher fan...i really wanted to turn the stock fan on sooner but i'm afraid of burning the fan or wires...and thanks for the info...
neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts