TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive my LSC usually about once a week, just to keep it in good shape and have fun.

Well yesterday I take it out and every time I go around a corner it sounds like something is rolling across the car inside the dash!!! :beek:

Luckily there was nothing wrong inside the car…. but how do you get acorns out of your hood!?!??! :beek: :redmad: :beek:

Apparently the friggin squirrels like sitting in the engine compartment to eat the acorns as the whole engine bay was covered in “hulls”. And I can raise and lower the hood and it sounds like there are about half a dozen things rolling around inside it!!! :bawling: :redmad:

Anyone have any thoughts besides removing the hood and trying to get them to fall out?!?!? :beek:

Luckily my property has plenty of trees and acorns for these little buggers to eat... so they don't have to gnaw on my wiring!! :zbash:

When I was in the CG, and we were PO’d at “command”, we would put marbles in their heating/cooling ducts… now imagine that while being underway… We used marbles instead of ball bearings because you can use a magnet to get ball bearings out. Not so with marbles. :zdevil:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I actually have the same problem with an 80 f-250 that I'm working on. It is packed with acorns. I have the hood off and it is really not that easy to get the stuff to come out. You might get luck with only one or two acorns popping out, I on the other hand am debating whether to cut the hood bracing open and clean it out or buy a new hood...

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
fukcen bastards...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Might wanna chain a dog next to your car. Not close enough to get to it, but just scare them off.

I'd be sitting there with a BB gun, personally.

How do they even get in your hood?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
88pimpin said:
Might wanna chain a dog next to your car. Not close enough to get to it, but just scare them off.

I'd be sitting there with a BB gun, personally.

How do they even get in your hood?
My dog is so old (15 years), he would just look at them and go back to sleep…. :leftright

I'm guessing they go up from under the car and then just find a place to lie down and eat their meal. :redmad:

Yeah, I like squirrels.... they fry up well. :D

Maybe this is payback for me killing their brethren years ago when I used to do a lot of hunting... :D :leftright

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ummmm.... a moat, maybe? I guess you might have to take the hood off, cut a strip out, and try to get them all to come out from there. What's the next step? Fiberglass or silicone to fill up the holes? I like how the Cougars have the mat under the hood.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Dogs? no, get a cat. They are much better squirrel hunters, and much more independent.

Fried Squirrel? you sure your not from Florida?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya, just gotta worry about cats hiding dead squirrels up inside the engine bay. :D Not to mention if they are there themselves. Had a friend drive several miles, then while he was getting gas, he heard a thunk. Apparently a cat had got up under his hood before he went through some mud. :D

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem with the little sh**s, they chewed on wires and left a bunch of nuts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts