TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to see if a problem I have is with my current set of tires. I was wondering someone here in OKC area would be willing help me in a bit of a scientific experiment to see if my tires are bad or if I've got some other problem. What I'd like to do is swap sets of wheels/tires with somebody to drive around in for a few minutes to see if the problem goes away with someone else's tires, then swap back. It'll have to be someone that has smooth running tires with little or no road noise so that I can get a good control.

I'm in Moore.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be more than willing to help you, but I'm running a cobra bolt pattern....Let me know if I can help you w/ anything else. I'm in Edmond, so a quick 20 minute drive is nothing.

Dan

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd be more than willing to help you, but I'm running a cobra bolt pattern....Let me know if I can help you w/ anything else. I'm in Edmond, so a quick 20 minute drive is nothing.

Dan
If Dan can't help you, I can once I get back with my bird. Regular pattern on 15'' wheels. I need an excuse to ride up to Moore anyways since there is a baseball card shop up that way and I need some stuff.

But could you describe the problem your havin a bit better so I can get a better feel for other possible issues?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can try the Wheels off my Mark VIII, stock size 16 inch. just let me know when you need to. that and I live like 2 miles from you :)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sent you a PM, Torino.

beerdog,

Clicky

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grasshopper, after reading about the problem you're having w/ your tires, it sounds like a problem I had on my 93 SC. I thought it was the tires and it turned out to be a left front wheel bearing going out. I drove from Laramie, WY back to OKC with that thing roaring so bad you could barely hear the radio. If you rule out the tires I would try the wheel bearings.

Dan

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both wheel bearings are new.

The rears are not, but the sound comes from front and rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts