TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that the Olympics are nearing a close, what are y'alls favorite winter olympic sports, or which did you enjoy watching this year if you watched anything?

Personally I think I just found my favorite in the 500m short track, either that or the short track 5000m relay, man THAT is a trip. Apolo Anton Ohno (Seattle native - woot) won gold in the 500m, silver in the 1000, and team USA took bronze in the relay. Holy CRAP, the koreans are fast, Ahn (Apolo's rival) just flies, and both the koreans and the canadians were haulin arse on the relay, they were miles ahead of the competition. Anybody see any short track events?

·
Registered
208 Posts
You just posted this because we were talking about it last night!

I've watched the ice skating/dancing ever since I was little...but yet i seem to keep straying to anything with Apolo in it. And i like watching the men's/women's halfpipes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Gotta stick with my snowboarding. Team USA completely rocked the entire snowboarding category this year. Plus Shawn White's just a badass

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Nordic Combined skiing is the best. I loved watching that.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I really enjoyed the snow ball fight between USA vs. canadians, i think we had the gold in that event. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Crap I didn't even know the Olympics as going on....hold on yep its confirmed I do in fact live under a rock.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah I thought of another one I respect, X-country skiing, good LORD those guys have some serious stamina, I couldn't even come close to going 50km on skies

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm from the Netherlands , so my favorit is speedskating ( ofcours).

The US boy's and girls from the skating crew are very good , they did good times.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hockey for sure. (even though I think our team should be deported after this performance, pros my ***) I liked it alot more when it was amature only.

I also like the downhill, snowboarding, and curling. I do respect the biathlon, all that skiing then to shoot that accurately.

Sucked that I didn't get to watch much of the games, some jackass at my college decided it would be a good idea to put midterms during the olympics

1 - 20 of 23 Posts