TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about all of us getting together for a lunch meet and maybe a cruise and pics. I say we go to tgif's fro lunch at 11:30 pm but meet there around 11:00pm It's in the parking lot of oak park mall on 95th and qurivira. In overland park,ks. I also need new digital pics and info for the webpage. I also need info on people wanting club stickers. I am ordering some for myself again.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats a possibility. I'll pencil it in.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm down (assuming I'm not working on the cougar those days).

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
LOL... I JUST posted something about this in the MO forum. I'm down, I'll amend mine and put a link to this one.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
So not to be a jerk or anything... but maybe we should have the meet somewhere other than O.P. It'd be nice to go for a cruise afterwards without all the traffic, and maybe some turns:) Indpendence maybe? Then a cruise afterwards down around Blue Springs Lake? Just ideas, the majority wins.

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
There is a nice lake in the Lee's Summit area that has some roads around it. And Lees Summit (Indy or Blue Springs) has some nice places to eat to.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I'd be down for LS. Just somewhere with some nice scenery that we can actually take a nice cruise.

-Joel

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Yeah.. decide the general area of where the meet will be - so I can get a hotel room :D

thunderbird96 said:
I was thinking about all of us getting together for a lunch meet and maybe a cruise and pics. I say we go to tgif's fro lunch at 11:30 pm but meet there around 11:00pm
And I noticed in the first post.. 1130pm. Isn't that a lil late for lunch? Or to get decent pictures :p

-Melon

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I will have to see whats up. The lake Mike is talking about is Lake Jacomo/Blue Springs lake.

Chris

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
If it was decent out, they actually have quite a few places to park and bbq. Might be an idea for spring?

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
seawalkersee said:
I will have to see whats up. The lake Mike is talking about is Lake Jacomo/Blue Springs lake.

Chris
Yea, that sounds right. Just off of 470/291?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Yup.

-Joel

·
Registered
137 Posts
For those out-of-towner’s who want to spend the night, I hear there is a nice hotel in Liberty called Hotel Walker. From what I've heard, there is plenty of room and Mrs. Walker will fix you an awesome breakfast in the morning.

Please see Chris for more details and reservations.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Good thing I dont live in Liberty...Maybe I will stay there too so I can shorten my trip.

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
As long as we'er talking about places to stay..... (Sorry, but I've heard bad things about Hotel Walker, something about the proprietor snores or some such nonsense)

There is a brand new Comfort Inn right across 291 from The lake in question. It seems reasonably priced as well. Best of all its only about a mile from my folks house. :D

Comfort Inn
3701 ne Ralph Powell Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64064

Theres also a Holiday Inn Express within walking distance of the folks house.

Holiday Inn express
4825 ne Lakewood Way
Lees Summit, MO 64064

Just in case anyone is interested.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I probably will be interested. I was just going to drive until I found something I liked for Sat night since I will probably just drive down Sat morning. Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn are both good choices :D

-Melon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Sounds like this thing is actually starting to "gel". So before the date gets here we need to have some plans and times set up.

That area is pretty close to 40 highway, where there are a lot of places to eat, and there is the lake to drive around and take pictures of course. (or cook out if the weather permits, but I'm not holding my breath on that one) Anyone want to make suggestions for time, place, etc?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL You know I never even noticed that it said "PM" till you said something. I think the times are ok, but everyone seems to be leaning toward the NE side of the KC Metro area. (Lees Summit, Independence, Blue Springs, etc.)

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Just have a good time nailed down with a meeting location since I'll be driving down Saturday morning. Then I can figure out where it is, and how long it'll take for me to get there :D

And yeah.. don't hold your breath about cooking out at the end of February. I would bet on snow before a freak nice day to grill :D

-Melon

1 - 20 of 195 Posts