TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whould anyone happend to know that part # for th hg set for an 89 cougar xr7 sc? or know that best place to get it. thanks

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Do you have an oreilly's store around you? I'm sure all the other auto parts stores carry fel-pro also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont have that store around here i found a set for $106 shipped what i want to know is the part # so i know that it is the right one its at rockauto.com?

·
8,978 Posts
I did a search on sccoa.com for fel-pro gaskets and these are part #'s I came up with. Did you order a kit or just the gaskets?

HS 9642 PT-1 for the upper set, and CS 8857-6 for the lower set. this is for 94-95 specifically, but fel-pro only makes one kind of HG for the sc motor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the # they have for my car at rockauto.com is HS8857PT5 it is a set i wonder what the diff is?

·
Registered
156 Posts
According to the Federal Mogul website you want set HS9642PT for the supercharged application.

·
8,978 Posts
are you sure that's correct? I went to that same site and looked up the gasket but all it gave me was the 3.8 NON sc gasket number. The site's all fubar'd for me now so I can't confirm. But when I went there earlier they would not give me the sc gasket number.
-Thomas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did go there and that # is right for sc and the # i have listed before is for non sc i wonder whats the diff well whatever where is the best place to get it and what will they cost?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just went and look at some online stores and they all come up with the fel-pro #HS 8857 PT-5 and i look under supercharged i dont know whats up? what do you guys think

·
Registered
156 Posts
As to the difference between kits, the descriptions at RockAuto (when you click the "More Info" button) say the sc kit has more pieces. More o-rings, valve stem seals, intercooler gasket and o-ring. The intake manifolds are different, so the gaskets are different. Then there is the differences between the head gaskets. I think water passage holes, etc. It's difficult to tell without seeing. But since you have the sc engine I'd go with the sc kit.

Part look-ups at retail websites aren't the end-all of what those companies actually stock. At both RockAuto and Summit you have to enter the part number in a search to bring it up.

The cheapest place I've seen so far is RockAuto. Summit also has it for around $6 more. PepBoys has it but it's around $30 more.

Don't forget new head bolts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You have to go to the Part Search tab, type in HS9642PT and it'll come up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts