TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so today on my lunch break I was driving back to my house to drop my buddy off. I was stopped behind a city bus, waiting my chance to merge into the other lane or the bus to go.

I look in my rear view mirror to see a new ford explorer bearing down on me. I think to myself "no f---ing way." My friend says "oh, no he isnt." I say "oh yes he is."

sure enough tires squeel and we get hit.

After that we turn down a side street next to us to get outta traffic. The driver gets out and he cant be more than 16. He frantically asks if we're ok (we're fine). I make sure he's ok. He then he tells me that its his dad's car (I'm trying to imagine the kind of trouble this guy is in).

Turns out his dad is following him in his lexus (the dollar signs are lighting up in my eyes by now).

His dad gets out we shake hands and have a brief civil conversation (the explorer has some bumper damage, my car is more or less fine. the Explorer and my bird were the same color, so no visible paint ruboff). I explained I needed to get back to work, but if we could exchange information and get back with each other later that'd be fine with me. He handed me his card (from some car dealership) and said to give him a call if there was ANY problem. I put it in my wallet.

When we got back in my car, I looked at the card and started laughing. My friend was rather curious as to why, so I handed it to him. Turns out hes the President and General Manager of a local and fairly large car dealership (not ford, sorry to say).

I got the impression he wants to keep this away from the insurance company, as things seem to be fairly strict for new drivers these days. So I think I'm going to have a new bumper and paint estimated and call him back. I dont think I'm going to ask him for that, but if its brought up I'll have the information ready...

Just thought I'd share :D

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Bender

I had a similar situation a few years ago. I was the day after Christmas in '99. I was tagged about 5 mph by a guy in a white chevy pickup. When we got out and looked at it, he seemed relieved because it didn't look that bad, but I asked for his information anyway. He didn't like that so said I'd call the police. He gave me his information. I guess he REALLY wanted to not use it and just pay cash. I told him I'd go get an estimate. Ford said $300. I have the pearl paint -- mucho expensivo!. He about pooped a stone when I told him. In reality, it wasn't that bad. It popped the clips on the side of the bumper out a little and a few scratched on the back where his front bumper hit, but I told the guy at Ford that this was not going to be an insurance job so get it back to new. The guy that hit me was not rich by any means. I think he owned a small business, but not rich.
Hind sight tells me that I should have had more work done to it. I noticed only this year that my trunk is not quite straight. I've tried adjusting it but something unadjustable is bent somewhere. It still works though, so no big. It's too late now.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Moving to Misc. where wreck stories belong.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Fly, go to the ford dealership and get prices on:

Shock absorber (thing under the bumper cover, one good hit and those things are basically toast)
Bumper Cover
and misc brackets and clips to hold it on. :)
You'll have enough for something new for your automobile.

·
Registered
137 Posts
uh
yea
Shock absorber (thing under the bumper cover, one good hit and those things are basically toast)
Bumper Cover
if u get that stuff quoated fro mford
thats like a but load
then go get a High Dollar paint quote to repaint bumper
f0r sure:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts