Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got tboned by a little red neon -.-
Apparently the kid had another accident just a week ago...

Lucky he didn't hit my wheel or else it would have been alot worse.
Just waiting on how much for a new door and what not.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the rocker or the pillar under the door hinges/fender damaged at all?
Door won't open.
The hinge could be busted.
The kids dad wants to come pry it open, I said no.
Rocker looks fine, just the door that was nailed.

Fender is smashed a little too.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Good luck with everything. Don't let the guy's Dad touch your car.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
It would be fairly evident around the hinges with indents, cracked paint ect. If you can get the door open you can compare it to the driver side.

If it is damaged you'll never get the door or fender to line up, it's one of the most structural portions of the unibody.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be fairly evident around the hinges with indents, cracked paint ect. If you can get the door open you can compare it to the driver side.

If it is damaged you'll never get the door or fender to line up, it's one of the most structural portions of the unibody.
Okay.
I can't get my door open lol
It opens like 3 inches then stops.
I'll go see if I can take a peek in the spaces of the panels.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Send it to insurance and it will be totalled..... have the kid pay for it in cash and you are likely to miss something that is going to cost YOU money after the fact. Either way it does not look good........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Send it to insurance and it will be totalled..... have the kid pay for it in cash and you are likely to miss something that is going to cost YOU money after the fact. Either way it does not look good........
Yeah.

The pillar the hinges are attached to IS bent a little bit...
What should I do?
Call insurance and have it totaled?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yeah.

The pillar the hinges are attached to ARE bent a little bit...
What should I do?
Call insurance and have it totaled?
Hopefully, their liability insurance is current.

Take that money, pull any parts you have off your car, and let them take away your car. Then, find a nicer one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Comparing the two you can see a little buckle in it.

Driver side, looks fine.

Passenger, looks like a little buckle in it.
He said Shim it and the door will fit.
Is it worth the work, or should insurance just total it?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If you have the ability to fix it can see what they will charge for you to buy it back. Though if you like the MN-12 and not attached to your car let them total it (its a total at their current value) and buy a 96/97 4.6.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I would get as much money as possible "out of pocket" from the clown that hit you, then, claim insurance on it, let them total it, fight to get as much money as you possibly can from insurance, if you have any mods done to your car, take them off the car, give the car a proper send off to cougar heaven...

Then get a thunderbird, or another cougar, or a mark VIII or whatever you want with the money.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you have the ability to fix it can see what they will charge for you to buy it back. Though if you like the MN-12 and not attached to your car let them total it (its a total at their current value) and buy a 96/97 4.6.
Kbb value?
Or what?
I'm thinking of telling the kid to pay me 1-2 grand for the car and scrapping it then getting another cougar, or something else depends what's for sale.

Anyone know how much a passenger door and fender would be?
I wanna see if I can argue that they should just pay me and I'll do it myself, probably just gonna part it out.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.