TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I just bought a new fender to replace the one that the stupid deer totally wrecked. Umm..I'm curious on how hard it is to bend body mounts for a fender just a bit. I know the mounts are bent back a bit.

Also, who can I get all the little clips and screws that hold all the plastic to the bumper and fenders? I also need a little plate that goes between the front bumper and fender, holding them together. It was just hanging there when we had it on a lift, so I just pulled it down.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The fender mounts are easy to bend. Just be carefull because the corner of the header panel is bolted to it as well up in the front. I had to bend mine a bit and everything lined back up just fine. I just used my 2lb. hammer and a couple of raps later it was good to go.

I would just go to Autozone for the plastic body screw/clips.

Jay

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply man, what about that metal plate that bolts the bumper to the fender? I checked the passenger side and it's in good condition, the driver side one (pictured above) has a broken mount and all that.

Known anywhere or anybody I can get one from? I'd rather do it completely right the first time.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
If you have a dremel tool, you could grind off what is left of the bolt so you have a flat surface, smack the middle of where the bolt used to be w/ a punch, and drill a hole in it, and just use a regular nut and bolt???

Jay

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
go to your local ford dealer and buy one they are around 14 bucks for those brackets F4ZZ.17C972.A

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jk89cat: Thanks for the part number. I didn't know if they sold one or not.

FordMan77: I have a dremel around here somewhere, not sure where my cut off wheels are either. If I can find it I'll go with you idea, if not I'll just go by one instead of screwing around for it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have the same problem with my fender. i had a minor accident and it pushed the fender so now there is a gap between the hood an the fender. you think if i just bent the fender mount back to shape that i could get rid of the gap? its not that big of a gap but its noticeable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts