TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to have the camera with me today and took a few pictures of the car Ive been complaining about in here for the last few months. Maybe this should be in the pictures section but I figure the people in here will care more.

I spent the day in the 38* rain trying to get her road worthy; only major thing left is a tranmission and differential flush (or change, depends on how ambitious I feel). Amazingly I finished up everything else today.

This isnt a show car by any means, just a fun side project.

·
Registered
241 Posts
shes certainly cleaner than my car. ya bastid.

i really do need to find the time to tear into my engine bay and clean it all out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
if that's a side project i can only imagine how good ur real work is. That engine bay is a lot cleaner than some new cars after a few months on the road :cool:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
tino said:
if that's a side project i can only imagine how good ur real work is. That engine bay is a lot cleaner than some new cars after a few months on the road :cool:
hah, yeah you should see "The Punisher" :D

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate them.

Some of the stuff under the hood needs to be repainted, tearing it down and back 3 times put chips in the valve cover paint and the power steering bracket. Maybe when I get the cam in this summer Ill fix it up. I have to get my AED running again so it will have to wait for now.

Again, thanks. B)

**Hahaha. Thomas, you're a funny guy. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
While were on the subject of clean engine bays, what is the best way to make the MC reservoir look clean. Replace it or can you flush it with something? Mine has the float which prevents you from using a bottle brush or something.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remove the reservoir and mix up some prestone system flush with water and simple green and let it sit overnight. The next day I take a pressure washer and blast the hell out of it.

I havnt been able to get all of the buildup out but the noticable parts are clean. If you use distilled water in your system you can avoid some of the buildup problem.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
AEDM8 said:
If you use distilled water in your system you can avoid some of the buildup problem.

Hope this helps.
I never use distilled water in my brake system, I don't think the dot3 likes it. ;)

I did at one time use distilled water in the colling system, but with a cast iron block, I don't think the lack of minerals in the water is going to do much good.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I read that wrong, I though you were talking about the cooling system tank. LOL. Well forget what I said. My MC reservoir is clean, its never been a problem for me so I cant drop any wisdom on that problem. :D

Funny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts