TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-----97 Lx 4.6L-----
I'm getting an X-Cal.-How do I get ahold of Lonnie?

1.What 180 degree T-stat do I buy? Aftermarket, Ford? --Keep in mind, I'm an ABS tech @ a Ford dealership here in Wichita, so I get stuff @ cost.

2.What year and model Mustang MAF do I get.

I'm wanting to do a true dual exhaust, and 2 my understanding I have 3 cats and 1 resonator, so I'm looking @ 2.5 ss mandrel bends after the first 2 cats deleting the 3rd cat and having exhaust guy welding a nut inline to screw the 0 2 sensor into 1 of the sides and running an 0 2 simulator on it, deleting resonator, running a mid mounted dual in dual out flomaster 50 series and piping the rest to the back over the IRS and hiding the pipes with them angled down. Am I correct on the cats and resonator ideas?

3. I'm waiting on my answer from Darrin on whether or not the trans will have to be dropped to do the J-Mod (I'm assuming not). If not them I'm ready to do everything. Wish me luck:cool:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
1. if you work at a ford dealer get the ford 180 t-stat

2.What year and model Mustang MAF do I get.

Use the lightning maf 80mm 99 to 00 f150 lightning

3. No you don't need to drop the trans for the j-mod just be ready for bathing in mercon. LOL

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Get the thermostat from Ford

Get the 02 Mustang MAF and airbox

Get the 02 Mustang zip tube if you intend to use the IAT on the MAF, I don't know what year zip tube has the hole for the IAT in it, I think prior to 02. I am sure it is possible, but I tried soap, heating it up, everything short of slitting it with a knife, and I couldn't get the factory zip tube over the 80mm MAF, it wasn't worth the hassle over a 20 dollar part new, or cheaper junkyard diving.

No need to drop the tranny for the JMOD, just the pan and valve body. You are going to verify and replace the acumulator pistons if they are still the aluminum with o-ring style, right?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Get the 02 mustang GT MAF, the lightning maf is not necc. for N/a applications. Get the 99 GT mustang intake tube, it has a hole that your stock intake temp sensor will fit right in. the 2000+ use the temp sensor in the MAF and will need to be repinned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my buddy has an oversized and regular 00 Lightning MAF here in town, could I pick that up and use the mustang intake tube? Or should I just get a custom intake tube and run a K&n cone?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
this o2 sensor stuff? just leave the front 2 and delete the rear 2 in the eec program, no need to spend more $$$ on sims that you dont need. im running the fronts and no rears on mine and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
kaboomatthe1320 said:
well my buddy has an oversized and regular 00 Lightning MAF here in town, could I pick that up and use the mustang intake tube? Or should I just get a custom intake tube and run a K&n cone?
get the Lightning MAF and yes you can use the stang intake tube and the stang airbox :)

just let lonnie know what maf you are using.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
kaboomatthe1320 said:
will it fit? have you done it? Got a part #?

yes it fits, just go to the stealership and ask for a thermostat for an 02 Lightning.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I vote 02gt maf because the tuners always tell me it has better functions, however performance wise you won't notice a difference between that or the L-maf.
Alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts