TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I rarely ever drive over 80 miles per hour, my insurance is allready skyhigh with 1 ticket... I did however a few weeks ago catch 105 and my tach dropped to 1000rpms and i kept hauling at 105 for about 10 seconds, then i slowed down. Then just recently I hit 105 and my rpm's stayed at 3000rpm's and kept hauling 105, does this mean anything?

Okay, I'm trying to get some wires from the engine compartment to underneath the dash inside the car. Are there any factory drilled holes I could use or do I have to drill a hole myself into the firewall?

Uhh, is the 4.6 engine from our birds the same as the 96-98 gt stang?

And...I need to get power to the rear of my backseat right infront of the third brake light. Is there any power I could tap into that is concealed back there? May the rear windshield defroster(if that's possible)

TIA

96 4.6 bird

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you don't need much power tap off of your cigarette lighter. Then run under the carpet and past the seats, they are very easy to remove. I'm assuming your trying to run neons or a lighted ford logo. Neither of which would affect the cigarette lighters fuse.

·
Registered
529 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
Okay, I rarely ever drive over 80 miles per hour, my insurance is allready skyhigh with 1 ticket... I did however a few weeks ago catch 105 and my tach dropped to 1000rpms and i kept hauling at 105 for about 10 seconds, then i slowed down. Then just recently I hit 105 and my rpm's stayed at 3000rpm's and kept hauling 105, does this mean anything?

Heh? Sounds like the speed limiter to me. Dunno about the RPM's. Were you in overdrive?

Okay, I'm trying to get some wires from the engine compartment to underneath the dash inside the car. Are there any factory drilled holes I could use or do I have to drill a hole myself into the firewall?

Theres a few, look and you will find them. Theres one behind and above the gas pedal. theres one over on the passenger side too. They're like rubber grommets. Just punch or drill through.

Yes

·
8,239 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:

And...I need to get power to the rear of my backseat right infront of the third brake light. Is there any power I could tap into that is concealed back there? May the rear windshield defroster(if that's possible)

TIA

96 4.6 bird
You deffinitely hit the speed limiter.

Are you putting power wires for an amp from the battery to the trunk or something? I drilled a hole in the firewall in between the pedals to run the wire through, and i filled it with some silicon so it wouldn't leak.

Yes, same motor as the gt rustangs.

You could tap power from the overhead light, and run a wire over the headliner, and drop it down at the back of the headliner.

Justin

Justin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the speed limiter goes, yea, I figured that, but I just thought it was wierd that on two separate occasions my tach was at two different positions, and I've had tons of past tranny problems, so didn'tk now what to think. I'm trying to get my fog aftermarket fog light's wired into my car, right now I have a separate switch just wired on the top edge of the engine compartment and crimped by the door, atop the front dash. I'm trying to put a 12" red neon infront of the third brake light so I'm trying to put it there the easiest way possible.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm trying to put a 12" red neon infront of the third brake light so I'm trying to put it there the easiest way possible.

you might get pulled over for having a red neon in ur window....here in Kentucky they will pull you over and give you a fine for that stuff here....i was pulld over for having blue neons in my window by my third brake light....but i dont know about Indiana laws....but im sure that law is the same almost everywhere

just my .02
Jay

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is illegal in Indiana to have any red lights aside from brake/tail and 3rd brake visible only from the rear of the vehicle and for any vehicle aside from emergency to have green, blue, or flashing lights. But just like driving 105, it's only illegal if you're caught. :)

-joe

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, don't drive onver 100mph. I found out the hard way. First offense and I get a 30 day court license suspension, 360 dollar fine, 50 hours of community service, and 2 points on my record. Yup I sure learned my lesson. I'm never going 108 again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts