High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be there running Street Stang.
JL

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Good luck once again. Show the masses what the bird can do.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
JL what day will you be running? We are having a meet on Saturday but I might make it to FFW on Sunday.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JL what day will you be running? We are having a meet on Saturday but I might make it to FFW on Sunday.
I'll be there all 3 days. Qualifying is Friday and Saturday,eliminations are Sunday.
JL

·
Registered
485 Posts
Am I reading the rules correctly that you are required to run a DOT approved Radial on the rear of the car and that there is a 12.49 breakout? So basicly you can only run a drag radial and can't run faster than 12.49, so what are your plans to slow your car down and be consistent enough to win? I had planned to run the V6 class this year but since it no longer exsist it looks like no FFW for me again this year.:mad:

Charles

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am I reading the rules correctly that you are required to run a DOT approved Radial on the rear of the car and that there is a 12.49 breakout? So basicly you can only run a drag radial and can't run faster than 12.49, so what are your plans to slow your car down and be consistent enough to win? I had planned to run the V6 class this year but since it no longer exsist it looks like no FFW for me again this year.:mad:

Charles
It's easy to make the car run 12.50 all day long-it'll Xerox time slips with a little teaking of the tune. And yes,it's a DOT drag radial class.
JL

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's easy to make the car run 12.50 all day long-it'll Xerox time slips with a little teaking of the tune. And yes,it's a DOT drag radial class.
JL
Although I am sure that I can get close to the 12.5's on drag radials I don't know how consistent it will be, I tried using 18 inch BFG drag radials on it in the past without a great deal of sucess. I suppose if nothing else I might come out to watch a little racing.

Charles

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
How'd we do?

Also JL. I understand you make subframe connectors. Any pics?

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How'd we do?

Also JL. I understand you make subframe connectors. Any pics?
Time for new tires,and gotta check on the valvesprings-I think they're going south on me.
JL

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Ok.

Street Stang -- James Meredith, Katy, TX, '03 Ford, 12.460, 109.97 def. Mark Anderson, Winston Salem, NC, '91 Mustang, 12.578, 114.97

So if the index was 12.50 how did a 12.46 win?

Rodney

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok.

Street Stang -- James Meredith, Katy, TX, '03 Ford, 12.460, 109.97 def. Mark Anderson, Winston Salem, NC, '91 Mustang, 12.578, 114.97

So if the index was 12.50 how did a 12.46 win?

Rodney
Mark lit the big red bulb.......so James got an instant win.
JL

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Yes he who loses first.

How far did you get?

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes he who loses first.

How far did you get?
I went out first round...I couldn't get the tires to stick in time trials or qualifying,so I had to launch off idle and that killed the car's reaction time,and also slowed me down about a tenth or so. I plan on having that cured for next round.
JL

·
Banned
287 Posts
When is the next round? I thought FFW was over for HRP?

Also, isn't the street stang class a bracket racing style class? So as long as you don't break out of your dial-in time, you can't be disqualified unless you have a better average than the next guy?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

Also, isn't the street stang class a bracket racing style class? So as long as you don't break out of your dial-in time, you can't be disqualified unless you have a better average than the next guy?
yeah, they were talking about last weekend..

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Street Stang is NOT a bracket class.
It is an index class. Everybody has the same dial-in,they all leave on the same tree at the same time-whoever's first to the other end without running quicker than a 12.50 wins. If you go faster-you break out of the index and are out.
There's no averaging either-it's the best run for qualifying order,and a sportsman ladder after that.
Next race is in Belle Rose,LA on the 25,26,27th of this month.
JL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts