TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, and yes I have searched. I just dropped the pan on my tranny in the process of changing fluid and installing a cooler. My question is this. When I dropped the pan the filter came down with it, as if it had been sitting in the pan all along. Is this normal? The car has been running ok, just the typical TC shudder. (hence the fluid, filter, cooler, etc.)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I don't know when it happened (before or during or after dropping the pan) but I found out that the rubber seal that seals and holds the filter in was still in the transmission while the filter was in the pan. I got the old seal out and put a new filter in. Things that make you go "hhhhmmmmmmm".

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The filter is supposed to be held in place by that ring. The TC shudder might have caused it to drop (possibly, don't quote me on that).

I don't know if it hurt anything, were there a lot of metal shavings in the pan?

- Pelezo

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I found the same thing when I dropped the pan in my 96 for the first time.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its running fine now, so I'm not going to stress over it. I hadn't thought about the shudder shaking it though. Good thinking! It doesn't seem to be very secure in there though. You'd think based on its difficulty to get to that Ford would have found a way to "lock" it in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts