TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Damn dude, the 98 would've been a sweet bird under the hood and inside, too bad the outside needed a little work. Granted I probably would've just changed the exterior to my own liking, but that would've been a nice mn-12 from the factory

·
Registered
653 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Damn dude, the 98 would've been a sweet bird under the hood and inside, too bad the outside needed a little work. Granted I probably would've just changed the exterior to my own liking, but that would've been a nice mn-12 from the factory

From what I've read, it was going to be FWD... :thumbsd:

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
agreed, FWD = :thumbsd:

·
Registered
653 Posts
FastBird232 said:
Wait, the '98 was supposed to be FWD? Or subsequent models?

It was the 1998 that was supposed to be FWD.

SVT2888 said:
I think your thinking of the t-bird that was going to replace the MN-12's. Ford wouldn't waist their money trying to make a rwd platform FWD.

And in response to both of you, if I could find the article I read that talked about this, I'd link it... But I can never find anything I need, especially when I need it. If I ever do find it again, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Man, what would be the point in turning a RWD platform FWD? Stupid Ford...That makes no sense whatsoever.

Kinda gets you wondering, what would the FWD (non-MN12) Thunderbird be like? Sort of like a Ford Monte Carlo? A two door Taurus variant?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
The last MN-12 T-Bird (built Sept. 5(?) 1997) is at the Classic Thunderbird Club International's headquarters, in Signal Hill CA, which is near Long Beach I believe.

·
8,239 Posts
somebody take a roadtrip to the LBC, armed with a digital camera. I'd love to see a ton of high res photos of it.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
BlackCat94 said:
The last MN-12 T-Bird (built Sept. 5(?) 1997) is at the Classic Thunderbird Club International's headquarters, in Signal Hill CA, which is near Long Beach I believe.
Hmm, that sounds like a good place to have a So Cal chapter meet :cool:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
FastBird232 said:
Man, what would be the point in turning a RWD platform FWD? Stupid Ford...That makes no sense whatsoever.

Kinda gets you wondering, what would the FWD (non-MN12) Thunderbird be like? Sort of like a Ford Monte Carlo? A two door Taurus variant?
Not even Ford would be that stupid... the development costs of turning a RWD into a FWD would be impossibly expensive and never be justifiable. Plus the 4.6 V8 couldn't possibly be transversely mounted in a MN-12 chassis.

I would need to see real concrete proof before I would believe it...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just spoke with someone at CTCI and they said the last 97 they had was sold about a year ago. He did not know to whom.
The search goes on.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dezal said:
hey out of curiosity, embalmer on ur website u have a link with a article about the svt thunderbird. did that car ever made production?

They made 4, and at least 3 of them are piles of scrap metal now.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I still think someone could decipher the entire VIN and run a Carfax. We've got the serial number, we just need some nice guy to actually run it...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Rally said:
They made 4, and at least 3 of them are piles of scrap metal now.

probably soup cans or other cars actually, scrap metal doesnt just sit.... :D

ok done being a smartass :D :D

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
FastBird232 said:
I still think someone could decipher the entire VIN and run a Carfax. We've got the serial number, we just need some nice guy to actually run it...
I gave it a try. I'm not too "up" on these things and the fact that it's late doesn't help any. Here's what I came up with, maybe someone else can finish it...

1FA_P624_ _H173196

:confused:

I think I'm missing the restraint info (the first blank) and the year info for the other 2 blanks.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts