TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time!!!!!!!!! My cougar is finally almost done! I had to go order the Upper and Lower rad hose, and the throttle body gasket last night. I put those on and get the chip and it's done!!! I will post up some pics when I get home. I probably won't get it to the track til I go to West Virginia next month. I need to brake the engine in a little bit before I really run it. Im so glad!!! alright im done for now I will get pics up as soon as I get home.

Also Thank's for the help everybody!!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
514 Posts
Damn that looks good!!! want to do mine??? lol no really.. it looks great . How much time have you put into it so far?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pulled the engine out october of last year.Probly about a good 100 hours total time of working on it. Im hoping to start it up tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well everything that is done is basicly in my sig but incase I missed something.
Starting with the bottom

Performance stuff
1. block has been dored 30 over
2. Mahley Rods
3. Forged crank (not sure what kind but it had the same bolt pattern for the flywheel)
4. BLock has been decked and all the good stuff that cost me $3,700
5. Better oil pump
6. dual oil filter relocator
7. oil cooler
8. P&P pi heads
9. stage 1 crower cams
10. pi intake
11. C&L intake plenum
12. 180 degree thermostat
13. trans cooler
14. trans shift kit
15. 3.73 gears w/trac-loc
16. underdrive pullies
17. removed cats
18. tru-dual's with flowmasters
19. Marauder torque convertor
20. cross drilled rotors
21. shorty headers
22. battery mounted in the trunk
23. accel coil packs
24. accel 8mm wires

Non-performance stuff
1. interior has 3 blue lights 2 small one's under the dash and 1 4 foot in the back seat
2. Strobe lights 1 in each 4 corners
3. rewrapped the main engine harness
4. 2 12" mtx's (will be taken out when at the track)
5. 2 kenwood 800 amp's
6. removed ashtray and put 3 gauges in its place
7. fog light's mounted inside the holes in the bumper.

that's all I can think of at the moment. Yeah I will have it on the dyno after I brake the engine in.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WWOOOOHHHOOOO got to start it last night after figuring out why there was no crank. I can't wait to brake this engine in and get to track. Hopefully within the next month I will have the engine broke in and have it dyno'd so I can make it down to West Virinia.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd like to say congrats, but you've got essentially my car (yeah mine's a black '97 too), and my wish list in mods, with few exceptions, so my blind jealousy just won't let me...

...OK, I'm over it :D . Best of luck with the new combo. Looks sharp too. By all means, keep us posted on numbers!! I know I'm anxious to hear 'bout how she does!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right now im having a huge problem with the chip! If this guy doesn't figure it out when I take it to him next time, Im going elsewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts