TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say... thank you to God, Mother Nature, El Nino, El Nina, global warming, and everyone who contributed to global warming by not having catalytic converters. Any and or all of the above who may or may not be responsible for the 50-60 degree weather in Wisconsin this week, I thank you.

I got my Bird out, washed it up, changed the oil and let it run and warm up last weekend. Today I actually drove a few miles to the parts store and back. It feels sooooo good driving her. I drive a Chevy Express van all day every day for work, which sucks. My wife has an awesome 2011 Fusion Sport AWD, a great car. Pretty quick and handles good, but quiet and a litlle too nice for the way i like to drive. My other car is a 05 Focus ST with basic bolt ons. Also a fun car, handles grgreat and sounds like a rally car.

The Tbird is a different animal. It doesn't do anything very well. Its too heavy to handle great Or be really fast in a straight line. It shakes from the cam at idle and everything rattles. Its loud and the drone is pretty bad. The drivers side window doesn't work, theres no washer fluid resevoir and no radio. And... I love it.

Its a rock star in first and second and i can wag the tail out all i want. I get complimented constantly for its beauty and uniqueness. Twenty year olds dont know what the hell it is because its older than them, but they want one cuz its awesome!

Thanks for listening to my rant. I fall back in love with my car every year, first time out. Enjoy the season guys. Before we know it, they will be put away again for winter.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Amen, I feel the same way. this has been such a trend of great weather even tho it's only been in the 50's.

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
71 here today in Muskogee. My wife said it was in the eighties today in Charlotte.

Nice. :cool2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh, where are you with your build? Last time I saw you was at Rich's bash last spring and you were attempting tuning.

I have a complete bushing overhaul in the rear to do, some energy suspension, some moog. i also managed to get together a whole set of factory strut rod bushings before they disappear forever.

Did you ever sell your chassis braces? How much of that needs welded In?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I'm jealous! I have about a week or two before I'm getting mine out of storage. Still have a bunch of parts to put in before then too. Went a bit overboard this winter buying things. Now thats its getting warm out I have to actually install them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts