TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CARDOMAIN

What do you all think? Vote for me and sign my guestbook... or somethin'.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that question. It's an auto. I hated the plate that had the gear indicator on it, so covering that was first on the list. Thanks for checkin it out.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which knob?

The Soundstream is AWESOME. More power than I wanted/expected, but it is great. The only problem I had was a few weeks back the fan buzzed a bit...then stopped. Might have been something else in the trunk though. I believe it's the EGA900D, but would have to double check to make sure.

Thanks for the comments.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I still have some things to finish. I was in a hurry to get her back together and didnt get to some things like the doors, glovebox, and other crap done over to black. Hopefully I can get all the body stuff on, fully detailed, and all the little things fixed up in time for the KCIR meet in June.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more thing guys, I am getting it tinted soon, I want all the 5 windows the same, what should I go at? I am thinking 15-20% all around. I still want to be able to see when I back up at night.

-Joel

·
Registered
433 Posts
Lookin' good. We should head to Osborne sometime, and see who's faster ;). I wanna see the 97 hood on it too. How'd you dye your dash black? The seats are SCHWEET!

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts
Yeah, i want to know what you used to dye your interior, and how you did it, because I want to do the exact same thing to mine

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, when the dash was out for the evap/heater core stuff I cleaned it up really well. Dish soap and water, then a good wipe down with clean cotton towels, rub it good to kinda take the shine off. Then I shot it with gloss black duplicolor dash and trim paint. Advance/Walmart stuff, but it has held up well for me. My car doesnt get driven much any more or abused on the inside, so it worked out fine. Other people have used SEM vinyl dye I believe...I guess it's supposed to hold up better. Prep is key here though, make sure it's clean and dry.

I'll tell ya right now bud, you're faster than me. I have a bone stock engine minus the intake silencer. Osborn would be fun, it'd be nice to run there for practice a few times before the KCIR meet in June. You going?

-Joel

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Looks good, but the dash will look much better once the glovebox and AC vents are painted to match :)

I used the SEM Landau black vinyl dye on mine and sprayed the dash while it was in the car. Like Joel said, make sure you CLEAN everything VERY well! I also used dish soap, rinsed everything several times, and gave everything plenty of time to try. I sprayed a couple light coats of Bulldog Adhesion promoter, followed by a ton of very light coats of the SEM. It came out great and looks like it came off the assembly line that color. It's held up flawlessly in my daily driven car for almost 3 years now.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a stock 95 shifter knob with a home made boot.

-Joel

·
Registered
608 Posts
it looks like a knob off of a grand prix or something. i guess it is the angle

after looking at it closely, i cans ee it is the stock knob. i guess my eyes are mesing with me today

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'll go to the KCIR if you pay for my gas;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts