·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think it looks very tasteful.... I like it alot. :thumbsup:

Russ

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
how much work was involved, or how much did it cost to smooth the rear bumper? It looks really nice like that.
-Thomas

·
Registered
744 Posts
awesome ride. . . but it's time to lower it. would look sick with a 1.5-2" drop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thomas said:
how much work was involved, or how much did it cost to smooth the rear bumper? It looks really nice like that.
-Thomas
To smooth the '89 bumpers was difficult. I did all the body work myself. I used a polyurethane putty from a local auto body supply to fill in all the edges and moldings. I did this about 4 years ago. If I were to do it again, I'll probably use a '94 bumper since the sides have a similar shape and then fill in the upper crease. This way the putty will be much thinner and less prone to cracking.

I also did the front '89 bumper too but about a year and a half ago someone hit it in the front while it was parked. The car sat like that for a while till about 6 months ago I decided to revive it. I no longer have the time to work an '89-'91 front bumper, so I put on a SC bumper instead. Although I liked the way the worked '89 bumper looked, I like the SC bumper too. I do have a pic of the car with the '89 front bumper I can scan if anyone is interested.

It also agree that it would look awesome lowered a bit, but since I'm selling it, I'll leave it as is. Hopefully the new owner will do that and keep it clean. I really like driving the car, its a head turner.

·
Registered
300 Posts
looks awesome, I like the rear bumper shaved and filled looks clean i was wondering y it looked different lol, Looks good man
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts