TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to Tallahassee yesterday (92 mile drive one-way) and got to meet cobra R Thunderbird!

Great guy, couple of sweet rides, nice home & family! Took a ride in his SC'd 'Bird - SWEET and FAST! I want a supercharger on my Mark so badly now I can't stand it! Don may need to help me out on that one.

I took cobra R Thunderbird & his friend for a ride in my slightly modded 'Bird and they were impressed (I can't see how after riding in his monster)! My Bird actually surprised me too since it had about 35 lbs in tools, a 45 lb torque converter + at LEAST 15 lbs in junk in the trunk & back seat (girlfriend's car and she's a total slob), and us three adults (I weigh 260 lbs alone).

Add all that up and there had to be almost 700 lbs of weight in that car!

cobra R says, "You want to line them up?" I'm like - R U kidding me?!? I'm running stock exhaust, engine (except for bolt-ons), ECM, and 3.27 gears; he has an SVO, dual 2.5" exhaust, bolt-ons, dyno-tune, and 3.73's!

I passed (and I don't mean in the good way) - LOL!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hahahaha!
I had a great time man!
I was very impressed w/ urs/girlfriends bird being it was on stock tune! That intake swap and TRUE CAI did it for ya!
Im glad u had a good time!
My mustang will be back on the rd very soon.. I know ur looking foward to a cruise in that beast lol
I wanna see ur mark8!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahaha!
I had a great time man!
I was very impressed w/ urs/girlfriends bird being it was on stock tune! That intake swap and TRUE CAI did it for ya!
Im glad u had a good time!
My mustang will be back on the rd very soon.. I know ur looking foward to a cruise in that beast lol
I wanna see ur mark8!
Not a problem! I've got a March underdrive fluid damper with an electric water pump going on the Mark. Also, I eliminated all the silencers (there is like 3 of them), installed a K&N filter, put cooler plugs and 9mm FRPP wires on it!

You already know I did the coil conversion to it and changed the inner tie rod ends. I have to change that oil adapter gasket, too (what a pita).

It's got a fairly new battery and tires I got off the Sport on it!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Very nice
Have to do the intake tube mod now ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice
Have to do the intake tube mod now ;)
On the Mark? I already did - I cut all the silencers off and epoxy welded the holes shut. I have, however, been trying to come up with a better intake tube idea.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yep.. Thats the mod! :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish i could meet some fellow TCCoA members lol, Somebody move to south dakota! :facepalm:
Funny you brought that up, I ALMOST did. I was offered a Senior Network Manager position at Gateway and I was going to have to move to South Dakota.....

In the end, the fam wasn't too interested in leaving sunny Florida and they found someone from Utah...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Funny you brought that up, I ALMOST did. I was offered a Senior Network Manager position at Gateway and I was going to have to move to South Dakota.....

In the end, the fam wasn't too interested in leaving sunny Florida and they found someone from Utah...
Its a good thing you didnt lol, Well its beautiful and peaceful.. They dont inforce the tint law very much and we dont have emissions or any checks like that lol. We could run no cats if you wanted too. All in all if you wanted to settle down with a family.. rapid city or sioux falls would be your best bet. You Wanna see where i live lol, Just go to youtube and look up "Pine Ridge Indian Reservation"... Its a poverty filled place that has 80% unemployment rate... Literally 3rd world country smack dad in middle of america :(... but i love it.. :D

Check out this video, Shows my hometown =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJdp8J3HN1E&feature=related

No you move here!
Hey! we are this august! We going down in a few months to look at houses and apply for jobs. We decided to move to pheonix or surrounding area! WOOO! lol

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I always meet fellow Thunderbird drivers but never TCCoA members, the vast majority of them had never heard of the club or forum. I always give them the website and tell them to join and keep their car on the road. I wonder why more of them don't come join.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I always meet fellow Thunderbird drivers but never TCCoA members, the vast majority of them had never heard of the club or forum. I always give them the website and tell them to join and keep their car on the road. I wonder why more of them don't come join.
x2. I think we scare them all off :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I also do the same thing.. I also tell them about supercoupeperformance..

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I always meet fellow Thunderbird drivers but never TCCoA members, the vast majority of them had never heard of the club or forum. I always give them the website and tell them to join and keep their car on the road.
Same here. While I've met some really cool Wisconsin/Illinois members (and of course TM) I see a lot of tbird drivers out and around. I do wave when I see one to show the Represent. :D

Couple of super nice clean tbirds around me locally and one is a genuinely baddass one too. Too bad I can't round them up for a meet or something.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
200 miles round trip is way to far to drive to hang out with Jaime, he ain't that cool hahaha j/k bud. Glad you guys are having fun down there.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
200 miles round trip is way to far to drive to hang out with Jaime, he ain't that cool hahaha j/k bud. Glad you guys are having fun down there.
Hey, I filled up before I left, and when I got back home from visiting Jamie in Tally, I had put 213 miles on the 'Bird. Also, I filled up again when I got home and it took 7.3 gallons - that works out to 29.2 MPG.

Wow, running good! Even after a bit of 'spirited driving' around Tally with 700 lbs of payload!

Next time, maybe we can all get together at Hooters or somethin'! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well he texted me yesteday about a car show in Thomasville he wants to go to. End of april if Im remebering right. I should be ablt to make the trip down with my car. That would be cool if we could get a few guys to go.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well he texted me yesteday about a car show in Thomasville he wants to go to. End of april if Im remebering right. I should be ablt to make the trip down with my car. That would be cool if we could get a few guys to go.
Yeh, he sent me that too! I'm definitely going as of now.

Oh WAIT! I'm wrong, it's a dyno day he texted me about (I just checked it).

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I also do the same thing.. I also tell them about supercoupeperformance..
Same here. While I've met some really cool Wisconsin/Illinois members (and of course TM) I see a lot of tbird drivers out and around. I do wave when I see one to show the Represent. :D

Couple of super nice clean tbirds around me locally and one is a genuinely baddass one too. Too bad I can't round them up for a meet or something.
I thought I was the only one who waved... :tongue:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts