TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Looks clean. I'm sure that it will turn out to be another wicked Mark. What are the plans for it? Inquiring minds want to know :D

Jay

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, some tuning software.
Then 90MM LMAF, high-stall converter and beefed up trans.
Then see where that leads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I want to steal your car! :tongue:

Kidding, its sweet. I'd love to have that to put beside my white SC. :cool:

·
Registered
425 Posts
w00t! another CE!
how many miles on it?

I have a 90mm L-Maf that I used on my 5.8L cougar (J-tuned of course). For the longest time I wanted to put it on my mark. HOWEVER, everyone over at the mark forum said that it was not necessary unless I was going S/C'd because the stock meter on these cars is not a restriction. How true is that?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its got 90K on the clock. Needs upper control arms, but that is about it.

I may be wrong, but through all my years f-ing around with these things, restriction is restriction. Sure 80mm is more than enough to supply the needed air for the power the engine will make. But to make more power you need to get more air into that same engine. The air has to move more efficiently to acheive a benefit. I look down the throat of the stock MAF and see a full cross bar. I look in the 90mm and see a partial cross.
And, its not all about peak power. Better throttle response and possibly more power under the power curve, even with the same peaks, could be gained.

One way to find out for sure..........................

Richard

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I love white with chrome, niceee!

Those are about the best looking OEM rims IMO. *cough* I'm looking for a set at a reasonable price.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts