TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EGR excessive.

At WOT, hesitates. Autozone man said vaccum cellullite, DVM or EGR vaccumes.

Also, I was wondering could it be cats and if i cut it and run a pipe, will it sound like a cherry bomb? :rolleyes:

How can I check to see if it could be my cat. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
ummmm... cats are not the egr. so how is you're going to solve an egr problem by gutting your cats again? :2huh: At idle, disconnect the vacuum line to the egr and see if the green line on the egr valve has vacuum to it. if it does you have a bad regulator.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok so the cats have nothing do to with it?

I thought the EGR regulates exhaust flow and that manner. Hmmm, well I'll have to look at it. Also is the EGR cleanable? Or do I gotta drop a few bucks on a new one

edit: woah woah, i dont get what your saying. is there is NO vaccum wouldnt there be a problem, checking the vaccum does nothing because it leads to the egr, wouldnt IN the egr have the problem?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
When there is vacuum to the egr via the green line, the egr is going to open. EGR should be closed at idle, so there should be no vacuum to that line at idle.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
razzibird said:
EGR excessive.
I am guessing the code was a P0402. If correct, possible causes would include a stuck open EGR valve, a faulty DPFE sensor (hint), a faulty EGR solenoid/vacuum regulator (hint hint).

Try a search on the code you obtained for additional information - I'd bet it's been discussed before. Check this thread, for example.

Good luck to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts