TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally redialed the rear hubs, rotors and replaced the front hubs, rotors for the 5x4.5 pattern! I used the The tool that Madmike just purchased to redrill the hubs and it worked perfectly.

Obviously I had to add my own touch to the center caps as soon as I got home.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Car is looking good.. :thumbsup:

Can we get a better shot of that license plate for posterity..

:D

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
I like the plasma tracer from the same company; nice shop!

That's what Oscar needs, lol.

:)

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Can we have some details? Like, can I order that from somewhere? Does it come with instructions? Is it difficult?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Can we have some details? Like, can I order that from somewhere? Does it come with instructions? Is it difficult?
... yeah look at the picture again. There is a website somewhere on that image. Besides, who needs instructions ? Difficulty is a measure of skill and a means to get the job done.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
... yeah look at the picture again. There is a website somewhere on that image. Besides, who needs instructions ? Difficulty is a measure of skill and a means to get the job done.
Okay, I was able to see that and make out what it said after you pointed that out. Thanks.

Not sure what would've been so difficult at posting a link in the very first post...

$97 - http://www.rottenleonard.com/ - There are instructions there as well.

I wonder if brake rotors are hard as hell to drill (hard material) or not. I'd ask here but nobody in this thread seems particularly helpful thus far.

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
I want the plasma cutter pantograph!

...And a plasma cutter, lol. :)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I wonder if brake rotors are hard as hell to drill (hard material) or not. I'd ask here but nobody in this thread seems particularly helpful thus far.
Not really .. I never had any issues drilling through rotors. A little lube and a nice drill bit go a long way.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I was able to see that and make out what it said after you pointed that out. Thanks.

Not sure what would've been so difficult at posting a link in the very first post...

$97 - http://www.rottenleonard.com/ - There are instructions there as well.

I drilled through the rotor and hub at the same time, It made it through the rotor a lot faster then it cut through the hub.

I suggest you buy at least 3 bits because when the get dull it makes the hole a little larger and the studs won't fit tight.

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
Any chance some of the drilled cobra brake disks for stock hubs would be available, from someone who already owns the tool?

0:)

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
Any chance some of the drilled cobra brake disks for stock hubs would be available, from someone who already owns the tool?

0:)
This tool won't work that way, it can go from 4.25" to 4.5", but not the other way around.

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
This tool won't work that way, it can go from 4.25" to 4.5", but not the other way around.
I see what you mean; if I want it like that, I'll have to get the opposite of what you bought. :)

Cool tool, anyway. :grin2:

One more reason for me to convert, lol.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yall make me think of making one at work when we slow down some. $100 for a piece of CRS and bit guides seem a bit high but guess not much demand.

For better results use a Center drill as your pilot bit. Less likely to walk and makes a better hole for larger drill (will self center it).

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
It's MUCH easier to go from 4.5" to 4.25" by simply using a round file and filing the lug nut holes toward the hub 1/8" each. Since the rotors are hubcentric, they won't wobble as the lug nuts simply hold the wheel on, and the wheel pushes up against the rotor and snugs the wheel up against the rotor's bearing surface. Extending the holes is the simplest, cheapest method. I'll be doing mine to put Cobra rotors on all four corners of my car after I have the motor back in and running. (priorities)

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's MUCH easier to go from 4.5" to 4.25" by simply using a round file and filing the lug nut holes toward the hub 1/8" each. Since the rotors are hubcentric, they won't wobble as the lug nuts simply hold the wheel on, and the wheel pushes up against the rotor and snugs the wheel up against the rotor's bearing surface. Extending the holes is the simplest, cheapest method. I'll be doing mine to put Cobra rotors on all four corners of my car after I have the motor back in and running. (priorities)
the problem with that is the mn12's hub center is smaller

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
the problem with that is the mn12's hub center is smaller
That's what the hub centric ring is for when you get the cobra rear rotors. The Wheel hub facing areas are the same. You only need the spacer between the rear hub and the rotor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts