TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my exhaust redone last Thursday night by my good friend. I supplied the parts and he bent the pipe and installed everything for me. No, they aren't mendrial (sp) bends, but I'm not complaining. I now have two high flow cats, and a MagnaFlow DI/SO muffler in place of the resonator, Y pipe at the differential, to some nice stainless steel tips. I love being able to hear the exhaust inside the car now. I'm just going through gas a bit quicker because I'm exhaust happy! :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
lol Yea, the guys that say a less restictive exhaust helps your gas mileage always fail to mention that it only applies if your driving style doesn't change! But who can resist hitting the gas a little harder to hear the pipes!?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that and letting the car warm up in the morning because its been pretty cold doesnt help either. I wish I could get some good clips up, but my digital camera doesn't really capture the true sound of it. Maybe sometime soon.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Hard to hear the exhaust over that guy screaming.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lowered the music volume, should be better now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
for some reason i can dl it but not the whole thing....i can view it up to when it says to listen to the exaust, then ends.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is a v6, and doesn't sound too shabby in my opinion. I am happy with it, and I suppose thats all that counts.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a bone stock v6 with a removed air silencer, thats all. I am in school and can't afford to do any real upgrades to the engine. My next small project will be getting rid of the clutch fan and installing an electric. I may be picking up a parts car and transferrin over the 3.27's and the half shafts along with the rear discs.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That's a great mod. If you are considering an electric fan, then go with a Mark VIII fan. It is better than most of them out there. You will have to upgrade the alternator and some of the wiring to it.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alternator is already upgrade to a 130 amp. BUT i was just in an accident today with the car. I don't know what is going to happen now...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hope all is ok. Your clip is my inspiration for my Cougar,well eventually.
I just found out what I needed for my PA state inspection.
Going to be spending a few bucks

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea me too. I need a new fender, hood, bumper, rack and pinion, and anything that may be damaged. I hope they don't total the car, but I think they will.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
sorry to say bro that if you are going to need steering components then your suspension is probably gone too... which means total loss for our cars. Insurance companies dont' wanna do it. mine just needed lower control arm and straighten where it connected... Nothing too major. They totalled my car. Even while it was worth about 5500 bux nada and the damage was estimated at about 3000 they still totalled it. But Good luck man. Maybe you can get enough to buy a new one :/

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will not buy another one. I have too much money into this one now. If they do total it, I will buy it back and fix it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts