TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. I have a few questions for some veteran mn12 owners.
(Click on images to enlarge)
First question, my front seats will not lock into place and I cant seem to fix the issue. Is this common? If not then I'll keep trying. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on them just yet.

Second,I have a mystery switch that I'm trying to trace the wires without removing parts. Here's the switch.

And it comes out here and goes into a relay with a red and white wire coming out.

Then goes into a fuse.

After that, I don't know. It looks like the wire goes on down into the radiator area.

Here is a larger pic. You can see the wires over to the right crossing the strut tower.

NOTHING seems to happen when I turn the switch on. This is why I'm confused. What ever it was seems to be done right. But nothing happens.

Last question. I know that the SHO speedometer will swap over. My question is, is it accurate without modification? I've searched and found mostly people saying it's plug and play. Just thought I'd make sure.

Oh and one more thing. If I lock the car with the remote or I think the door button, the alarm goes off in 30 seconds......I know that one is bad.....

·
Super Moderator
9,254 Posts
Not sure on the first two, but yes the SHO speedo is plug and play. Be advised however it lights up blue. You can paint the back of it yellow translucent paint to get it to match though.

Or if you're crazy like I am, you can do this. :diablo:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=138234

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to suck it up and go out in the snow and do some work. The wires did used to go to fog lights. Then I contacted the previous owner and he confirmed it. They are no longer there obviously, but hey the wiring is so that is a plus. And yes terminator the gauge back does glow blue and no, I will not be doing what you did anytime soon.:eek: I have a while to go for that.

As far as the seats go, well I took the upper seat apart and the little lock pin simply does not fall back into place to lock the seats. It's like there used to be a spring or something that has fallen off. Unfortunately I see no way of taking that apart without ruining the seat and I really doubt I'll be able to find a set of leather seats that match for a good price. Maybe some mark Vlll seats if they don't require too much modding.

Now for the alarm, I'm at a loss. I think I know where the module is but would simple unplugging it fix this problem? I'd assume the car wouldn't run if I did that. It isn't too much of an issue I can simply just go old school and use my hand to press down the lock pins like the cave men used to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts