TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all im gona say is omg i hope ill never have to do that again took me 2 days

when i got the car for putting a motor in my friends 97 camaro the rack&pinion would leak out within a block from my house so it was realy bad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Atleast it is done and there is no worries that it would leave you stranded now. After reading the pains that others when through on here, I took mine in to a shop.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
It cost me $352 to have someone put one in my Black Cougar; I put the one in the Red one myself a few years ago. :)

Well worth the money; won't be doing that again. :) At least, with the engine in, lol.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
After hearing all the horror stories I wish I had spent the money and put in a rack while I was doing my engine swap

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the main problem i was trying to figure out was the conection to the L fitting was a pain get it to line up try to tighten it would turn to the side an fall out in the end it took 2 ppl 1 under the car pushing the 2 fitting together an 1 up top wrenching

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ive got a leak on 1 of the p/s line fittings at the rack but for some reson it wont leak with it running only when i shut it down

was looking up parts on o'reillys web site an found the L pressure fitting masterpro #39141 for $30 and the return line gates #350190 saying to call or go to the store for price

any one use these or know if there worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts