TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a used (junkyard) engine for a 96-97 bird at a good price. I live near New Orleans and all the places I called in the phone book didn't have any or could only get something out of different cars, like a 96 Crown Vic motor with 44K for $1200. Is that too much, where could I find a better deal and still be sure I'm getting a good running engine?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
What are you looking for. I have heard of many people getting 99+ GT engines for less then $2K. That would give you a lot more power. If you just need to find one for a replacement and dont plan on doing much in the performance area then you might be able to find a 96/97 4.6 from some of the guys on here that have done the swap to a PI engine. Check the classifieds and put in a want ad here on TCCOA.
good luck
-Shawn

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If you don't want a 99+ GT engine, which I highly suggest...

you can use ANY 4.6L...you'll just have to swap over your intake, accessories, and possibly the fuel system. PI engines are 99+ SOHC v8 mustangs, 2001+ Crown Vics, and possibly some trucks (not sure on year)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Forget the Crown Vic motor...

I got my 385 mile 2000 GT motor for $1200 from carpart.com!! But you should be able to find a T-bird or crown vic engine for less than that if thats what you really want.

·
11,719 Posts
BlackBird said:
Re: Forget the Crown Vic motor...
Why? 2001+ have the same heads and intake as the stang.

·
Registered
86 Posts
GreenBird said:

Why? 2001+ have the same heads and intake as the stang.

I'll tell you why. Because the Crown Vic motor he found is a 96. I was'nt saying to forget all Crown Vic motors, just that 96. But I do think he'll have an easier time finding and getting a better deal with a 99- 2000 GT motor simply because there are'nt very many wrecked 2001+ Crown Vics. I did a little checking and did'nt find one. Although I'm sure an extensive search will turn one up, maybe.

·
11,719 Posts
BlackBird said:
Because the Crown Vic motor he found is a 96
Missed that part.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts